Mail marked read before reading

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am having an issue with my business email account on my phone. The mail comes in and gets marked read already. has to be the way I set it up. Anyone have any clues?

iLive4i

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi Loon. I am curious about a resolution to the same issue. I thought maybe it had something to do with having my email going to numerous places and perhaps my iPhone assumed it to be read. But I think it's more than that. Hopefully, we'll get the attention of someone who knows the fix.

krallmar

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4s email being marked read automatically

I have 2 work email accounts on my iPhone 4s, one on Bluehost and one on Hostgator - every time I get an email it says unread for about 2 minutes then automatically marks it as unread. I had a Droid Incredible before and the emails worked fine. Some other discussions mention that there is an issue with the server, but I doubt that because it worked fine 2 weeks ago and I am the only one with access to the servers.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Found Issue

I have found a fix for this. I beleive it has to do with the diffrent types of email accounts (IMAP,POP).

Without a drawn out explanation, IMAP knows if the mail has been read somewhere else. Where POP just takes a copy of it.

So, if my work computer(MS outlook) dowloaded the email from my server, the email shows on my phone already read.

4.0 must have had my email setup as a POP account and now its set to IMAP. I deleted the email account from the phone and set it up as a POP account and its back to the way it used to be.

I dont have a screenshot but after you enter your account info you can highlight POP instead of IMAP. I wasnt able to figure out how to switch so I just created a new account and deleted the other.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77