Update Still Won't Work :(

estorm09

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Error 3194

Ok so we found out the error 3200 is because of the servers is the same true for 3194? I tried to restore but because i download iOS5 it wants to restore and update and I get stuck with a 3194 error. Let figure this one out guys so we can all enjoy iOS5 goodness

Agordon813

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just to let everyone know, error 3200 is not caused by apple it is one of the generic 3000-3999 codes that you receive when you do not have iTunes 10.5 or your antivirus, spyware, or firewall is blocking ports 80 or 443, just temporarily disable your antivirus, spyware, or firewall and it will update as it should.

Crapple

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah there is nothing you can do but keep trying. :D

Mine has finally gotten by the 3200 error.

Waiting for next error message to **** up my day.

acueducto

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Change the cable

Change the cable. Believe it or not, that's the only thing that worked for me. I was using an old iPhone cable.

Update 4:37pm: Started the update after changing the cable. Now I'm getting a different error something like -50 error or some type of crazy message. Now its restoring. So frustrated.

Last edited:

Crapple

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just to let everyone know, error 3200 is not caused by apple it is one of the generic 3000-3999 codes that you receive when you do not have iTunes 10.5 or your antivirus, spyware, or firewall is blocking ports 80 or 443, just temporarily disable your antivirus, spyware, or firewall and it will update as it should.

No actually it is Apple. Have you ignored everyone's posts?

mikmaws

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
after several attempts, finally updated to io5!
Solution:
1. Restart computer
2. Restart phone
3. Set phone to airplane mode
4. Click on restore

Enjoy :)

camaro_87

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

after trying to update it 15 times and getting the 3200 error it's finally working! there is no fix for it just keep trying to update and it will eventually go through and start updating!!!!!!!!!

michael9559

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...no!

add #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com to bottom if not there. (all done as administrator) restart itunes. and comp. if doesnt work. then update phone. previous message was for downgrading. sorry

Don't do this it will just block the update server and give you another error message!

gmonkey88

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I finally got my iphone 4 to update.... after the 3 time. It went through a very lengthy restore process before completing. currently restoring all my apps.

mattpenner

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Did a manual restore - worked great!

OK, this seems to be hit or miss and online sites all claim Apple states this is because their servers are overwhelmed. I guess the upgrade procedure, even though the update is local, contacts the Apple servers and it isn?t getting a response.

A colleague of mine tried a few times and then it went through like normal. I tried mine about 6 times with no success. Instead I held my Shift key down and selected Restore. Normally you only do this when you want to restore to a prior version. Happily iTunes asked me where the file was and I pointed it to the new iOS 5 update.

It wiped my iPad, ?restored? it to iOS 5 and then, quite to my surprise, reloaded all of my apps and data. Not only did I not lose anything but I didn?t even have to reload my apps or restore my data manually.

All in all it went well.

Off to do my iPhone.
:D

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have the iOS 5 IPSW file I DLed from Apple's server. My phone is now in "Recovery mode" apparently (USB cable & iTunes logo on the screen). When I do the Option + Restore method, it seems like the update will be underway. The bar fills and then I get an error. iTunes does not recognize my iPhone. It says "Name: iPhone," and everything is "n/a." Will I be able to do this through the DLed file now or do I now need to just go through the iTunes method of updating? Thanks.

Btw, my iPhone was not recognized some time after I put it in Airplane mode and did a soft reset. I'm guessing it's on Apple's servers?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77