- 10-13-2011, 03:06 PM #326
- 10-13-2011, 03:33 PM #327iPhone Nanite
- 7 Posts
- 10-14-2011, 11:05 AM #328
I managed to get from error 3194 to error 3002 by following the tip from LooNTooNs here: http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...ml#post1778520
My iPad 2 isn't jailbroke, but my hosts file still pointed gs.apple.com to cydia. So the first step is to comment out "188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com" and reboot. Still no joy, but at least I'm using the right server.
- 10-14-2011, 11:23 AM #329
if ur host file is ok.. and u get 3002 error. u have two options
2. move the ipsw that u download to "AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates" folder.
after option 2. if u still get an error. just eject ur device and connect again. it should work.
- 10-14-2011, 11:24 AM #330
- 10-14-2011, 12:05 PM #331
1) Ran the normal upgrade process (like 20 times). It failed with error 3200 (I'd originally had error 3194, but fixed that by editing my hosts file -- see my earlier post).
2) Followed instruction in this post to track down the upgrade file: http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/2...ml#post1778289
On my Win 7 computer it was in %userprofile%\appdata\roaming\apple computer\itunes\ipad software updates
3) Ran a backup (not a sync, just in case) per the post quoted. Here's how: iOS: How to back up
4) Followed step 2 in the above post (Shift/Restore) and installed the upgrade.
5) The upgrade took about 5 minutes. Then it automatically restored my apps and files from the backup I'd run. That took about 30 minutes in my case. The iPad's screen was black during much of the restore, which was worrisome. After iTunes said the restore was done I turned on the iPad and it was fine.
6) The iPad guided me through a setup process, including setting up iCloud options. I had to re-create my passcode (which it prompted me to do). Otherwise, everything seems to be as before.
7) Updated my apps. I haven't tested them all yet, but no major problems so far. Some apps remembered my login credentials but not all. My Kindle book remembered which page I was on. My New Yorker app made me download the issues again and didn't remember which page I'd been on. One newspaper remembered who I am, another didn't.
- 10-15-2011, 05:24 AM #332
- 10-17-2011, 10:29 AM #333
Any ideas on this error???
I have tried to re-install itunes after deleting and now i have nothing relating to itunes
this is the error message i get in a pop up box when trying to re-install itunes
error writing to file:
verify that you have access to that directory
when i look for that file under c:\windows\winsxs\manifest\ .... that file is not listed
even trying to install itunes "manually" under the download only tab and I still get the same error every time
and i have to cancel the install
HELP !!!!!! PLEASE
- 10-18-2011, 08:07 AM #334
- 10-18-2011, 11:23 AM #335iPhone Newbie
- 33 Posts
- 10-18-2011, 11:28 AM #336
- 10-18-2011, 11:38 AM #337
- 10-19-2011, 02:06 AM #338
so my issue is the dang applemobiledeviceservice.exe is spiking out my CPU while trying to do a backup. I've let it run for up to 16 hours and there wasnt any backup created. I've tired uninstalling iTunes, removing all files i could finder under programfiles/applicationdata and still after reinstall same behaviour. I am running xpSP3 and itunes 10.5.0.142. I've googled the heck out of it and there are various threads on apples site and all of them basically say the same thing, do a good uninstall and it will fix your problems. well no dice here and im not gonna do an upgrade to 5.0 without a good/recent backup. ugh.
- 10-19-2011, 08:20 AM #339
- 10-19-2011, 08:26 AM #340
- 12-21-2011, 08:46 AM #341iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
I was getting "ipod could not be restored unknown error 6". I was finally able to restore by:
- Disabling AVG anti-virus
- Shutting down ZoneAlarm firewall
- Exiting Spybot resident shield
The restore included OS 5.
Hope that helps someone.
P.S. Don't forget to restore those services