Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default WiFi Sync Issue

I'm having a problem with WiFi sync on the PC but I don't think it's iTunes related, I thing it's iOS5. It seems as though it loses it's link with iTunes whenever the iPhone goes to sleep for a while. I turned WiFi off and on and it reestablishes the link right away. That would make me think it's a polling issue in iOS5. What do you guys think?
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

The whole wifi sync has been FUBAR throughout the beta process. Haven't turned it back on since Beta 3 when it kept forcing me to set my phone up as new over and over.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

On second though I guess it might be iTunes related because if I shut down iTunes it loses the link. This is causing an issue for me as I want to have iTunes startup in the morning when my computer auto boots to do the sync.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version
    5 GM

Quote Originally Posted by Got the Shakes View Post
    I can't get Wi-Fi Sync to work at all on my phone. I've restarted my phone, iTunes, and my router and the sync button is still greyed out on my phone and it won't start syncing automatically when I plug my phone into a power outlet. Anyone know what the deal is? Also I have the latest version of the iTunes beta and has the iOS 5 GM installed on my phone.
    Make sure 'Sync this iPhone over wi-fi' is checked in the Summary section in iTunes. If it is not there, make sure you are updated to the latest version of Snow Leopard if you're on a Mac.
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
    Make sure 'Sync this iPhone over wi-fi' is checked in the Summary section in iTunes. If it is not there, make sure you are updated to the latest version of Snow Leopard if you're on a Mac.
    That was the first thing that I checked and it box is checked. I'm actually on Windows 7.
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version

Well it randomly started working so all is well for now.