Native mail app and yahoo

krazeej412

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone having any problems with yahoo pushing mail? I double checked my settings and made sure it's on push. I have 5 bars lte and strong wifi, it seems I have to go into the app and pull it down to refresh. I'm running iOS 10.2.1 on my iPhone 7 plus 128gb.
Thanks in advanced!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not having an issue with getting my Yahoo mail at the moment. But it can be problematic!!! You might want to delete the account and then reinstall. It's a bit of a pain, but it has helped me in the past.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having any problems with yahoo pushing mail? I double checked my settings and made sure it's on push. I have 5 bars lte and strong wifi, it seems I have to go into the app and pull it down to refresh. I'm running iOS 10.2.1 on my iPhone 7 plus 128gb.
Thanks in advanced!

I'm not experiencing any issues with Yahoo Mail at the moment.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. I have to pull down mail rather than it being pushed, and have done for months. Yahoo is garbage!

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Slowly distancing myself from a Yahoo Mail account I've had for years, while I am currently using Outlook as my Mail app of choice. It doesn't seem to have any problem getting pushed email from that account.
Apple's own Mail app I bailed on several iOS versions back - it currently resides in a 'Junk Drawer' folder (along with many of the OSs native apps) - while Yahoo and Gmail's offerings always seemed....problematic.

krazeej412

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
So I think I found the culprit but don't know a solution yet on how to fix it... I took a screen shot but i can't post it in the comments but I have fetch new data set to PUSH, after I click it to see my accounts, I click yahoo and it only gives fetch and manual. Now it used to have push. To confirm I checked my iCloud email and it has the push feature still. Can this problem be in the ios and do you think the next patch update will fix this?

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes! That sucks, but I only use yahoo now for my junk collecting newsletters and what not. I use my paid services for communications.

As of yesterday my Yahoo Accounts are not Pushing and Push is no longer an option in the settings? Called Apple Care, the usual delete/add and nothing. Sucks...two Yahoo!'s and 2 Gmails and none Push in the Native Mail app

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
As of yesterday my Yahoo Accounts are not Pushing and Push is no longer an option in the settings? Called Apple Care, the usual delete/add and nothing. Sucks...two Yahoo!'s and 2 Gmails and none Push in the Native Mail app

Yeah, you definitely need apps for those imap accounts.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just sent a message from my iCloud account via the native Mail app on my iPhone 7 Plus to my Yahoo email account. Within 4 seconds, I was alerted via the Email by Easily.Do app, in which my Yahoo account is configured, of my received email.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
So first, Yahoo!'s response to me was very simple. They are currently in the process of changing security protocols due to recent hacking issues. At this time the option was take the server down or to turn off the Push capability. They assured me it would be back on and did not say a word about downloading the app.

This did however say that unless you need an email instantly, using Fetch is easier on the battery. They said, is like a constant checking of "Is there mail, is there mail, is there mail" consistently at all times while Fetch at 15 minute intervals will increase battery life, but for those who need instant notification Push will be back probably with iOS 11.

So here's the weird thing. In an attempt to get PUSH back before my correspondence I deleted all my Yahoo and Gmail Accounts from my iPhone. My Yahoo!'s load in the native app perfect. My Gmails are not budging. I enter the username and password and it flash back to account screen where you choose and email provider.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77