Wi-Fi Calling Issues

e911emt83

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Anyone noticing Wi-Fi Calling issues like dropped calls or when receiving a text (not iMessage) doesn't alert you sometimes.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Anyone noticing Wi-Fi Calling issues like dropped calls or when receiving a text (not iMessage) doesn't alert you sometimes.

Haven't had any dropped calls yet, however I have on a couple occasions had issues with getting wifi calling to link up on AT&T. I can usually switch off then on wifi calling option and it works, but really that could be anything...work wifi on 2.4gig interference, work firewall traffic, internet issues, AT&T issues...who knows..

bbhybridchris

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been having issues since the latest update 10.0.2 wifi calling is turned on but never works I haven't seen it pop up once the past 2 days now since the update. Prior to that when I was at home or work it was always on wifi calling. This is on a AT&T version of the phone. Turning off and then back on the wifi calling did not help. I am in a marginal service area and really love this feature. It was working fine before the update kind of disappointed now.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been having issues since the latest update 10.0.2 wifi calling is turned on but never works I haven't seen it pop up once the past 2 days now since the update. Prior to that when I was at home or work it was always on wifi calling. This is on a AT&T version of the phone. Turning off and then back on the wifi calling did not help. I am in a marginal service area and really love this feature. It was working fine before the update kind of disappointed now.

I love this feature too. I will pay close attention. I have ATT as well but am using the Verizon variant of the 7. I haven't taken a call at my house, which is where it usually kicks in. But will pay attention and report back.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I am on AT&T and on 10.0.2 with iPhone 6S. I am usually always on Wi-Fi calling at home and I have pretty good AT&T cell reception where I am. I don't have to force my phone into Wi-Fi calling or anything like that.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had to turn off Wifi calling for AT&T until something is resolved. I just lose too many calls / disconnects.

vizagdude

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I was having a lot of issues with WiFi calling when I was with AT&T. The calls were strong and half the time I couldn't hear the other person calling. Also when I received the call whims I'm WiFi, and drive away, the switchover was never seamless.

But once I moved to T-Mobile, I'm not having ant of those issues.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I was having a lot of issues with WiFi calling when I was with AT&T. The calls were strong and half the time I couldn't hear the other person calling. Also when I received the call whims I'm WiFi, and drive away, the switchover was never seamless.

But once I moved to T-Mobile, I'm not having ant of those issues.

I have been fine on wifi calling with ATT when I'm in range at home. I do agree that the few times I've walked or driven out of range while on a wifi call, there were issues with switch over to cellular. They really need to work on that.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I have been fine on wifi calling with ATT when I'm in range at home. I do agree that the few times I've walked or driven out of range while on a wifi call, there were issues with switch over to cellular. They really need to work on that.

I usually don't have that use case.. I sit in basement at work so on wifi calling all the time(personal phone).. it's rare I'm on a call when walking up and outside.. I'll have to try that to see how well it works around here..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2