iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It isn't bad for an early beta. I learned a great piece of advice today: If there's an app that you absolutely must have check the dev's twitter feed before installing the beta. If there's a compatibility issue it should be pretty obvious.

Not bad but still rough around the edges. I've got one app (Scanbot) that doesn't work yet, but dev says they're working on it :)

ltoruch

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll been using the public beta on my iPhone 6+ as my daily driver. Till now no app compatibility issues, no battery life issues, just a bit lag here and there which I don't complaint as this is beta. Basically almost same as when running ios9

Ursus Rufus

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I'll been using the public beta on my iPhone 6+ as my daily driver. Till now no app compatibility issues, no battery life issues, just a bit lag here and there which I don't complaint as this is beta. Basically almost same as when running ios9

Same here! For one week. Daily driver. Excellent. Like it better than iOS 9.

At first had some heat and battery issues. Within a few days it has calmed down. Only issues so far are auto-capitalise (does not work after more than one period) message header invisible (went away) and the thousands of emails gmail glitch (found solution on a tech site).

Not a big gamer nor do I use antisocial media or hundreds of apps so can't speak to that. But for my use, rock solid! Hardly a beta.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This is the 1st time I jumped a beta from #1 and I must so there's been nothing show stopping on my daily driver. I can manage without the 3 apps that don't work.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Been using it as a daily driver on my 6s without any glaring problems. Although I would of switched back had there not of been a work-around for the music pause bug. Getting ready to go on vacation and will be doing some flying and a lot of driving, so music is a must,

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it as my daily driver on my iPhone 6s Plus & iPad Air 2 ... While there are some issues I have really been enjoying the experience so far. I am however not ready to install the beta on my iPad Pro 12.9, I use that machine a lot and can't afford to have any issues on it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 335 apps and can't find one that doesn't work. I do have several that are not optimized for iOS 10 and 64 bit. Most are no longer available in the App Store. But they work. Not sure about the pop ups.
Here's one:
91bcfb05ddc9917d4b9e93ad512dfed6.png

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Had it on my daily driver for about a week. Went back to 9 yesterday. My banking app would crash to desktop when I tried to schedule payments. This was my main problem. Also, push notifications for calendar and email occasionally didn't work. I finally got annoyed enough to switch back. Looking forward to the non beta release, hopefully without the bugs. I especially liked the new alarm clock features.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have been using it since the first public beta. Working pretty well so far. Some minor bugs, but nothing to major, especially for a beta 2. Loving the new notifications.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been using it since the second developer beta. Personally I recommend it. There are some glitches here and there but I also use insider preview for my lumia and I am used to some bugs. It works well and surprisingly so and it is something I recommend people to jump on soon.

COMMISSIONERHBK9

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the developers beta and i haven't look back. I'm enjoying it very much.i can't wait for the iOS 10 to come out in sept. so happy i put this on my daily phone

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I tried the toggle. That's not the problem.

My phone got hot the other day while trying to charge it, play Pok?mon Go, and tether my son's iPod. Screen dimmed there, like you said. Once I took one of those away (took off the battery case that was charging it) the screen eventually returned to normal. The updates take some processing power and can cause the phone to heat, but I'm sure it would be normal by now.

Another option is to reset settings (not erase and reset, just a simple reset). Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset all settings

You'll need to redo some things like acknowledge if you want notifications, accept/decline location, etc., but this can fix troublesome issues.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I running PB2 on both my daily drivers. My personal 6s and business issued 6. Running great and smoother than PB1.

I have not encountered any app issues.

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm using it as my daily driver and have to say its pretty stable. I do notice a few things that upset me.
1.) YouTube randomly freezes and also once I click on a channel the search bar goes missing so I have to close the app, re open it to get it back.

2) Netflix screencast does work so now im forced to plug my phone into my tv like an animal.