Soon to be an iphone user!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am new after years with Android. Will be a full week tomorrow. I LOVE it. Got the 128 gig iphone plus 7. Beautiful rose gold. Impressed. Will have my watch Monday. My Samsung watch works ,that was the deciding factor in leaving Samsung

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the family and enjoy your iPhone.
And no, there is nothing to regret from jumping from an android to an iPhone. You'll love it instantly.

NewYorkChic

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The 7 or the 7 plus?

Welcome. I'm a phoneaholic. I switch back and forth monthly. Love them both. Just give it time, you will enjoy the smoothness and the lil animations that just make U smile. Again time is important as the settings and interactions take some getting use to.
7 plus

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Welcome to iMore.com.

As Moderator Team Leader I hope all your questions are answered in the forums. We have a tremendous user-base that is very helpful and knowledgeable. If you need anything, please reach out to me.

Thanks and again glad to have you here

NewYorkChic

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to iMore, NewYorkChic! Which iPhone are you going with?

Well I purchase my phone yesterday 256 gig Matt black clear case and a screen protector and I have to say that I actually like it..I love the iMessage but I hate the freakn keyboard... know any good keyboards to use

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well I purchase my phone yesterday 256 gig Matt black clear case and a screen protector and I have to say that I actually like it..I love the iMessage but I hate the freakn keyboard... know any good keyboards to use

My favorite 3rd party keyboard is Google's Gboard. A LOT of people love Swiftkey. I've tried it and it's a good one too. But alas, I went back to the stock iOS keyboard and haven't looked back.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

When I first moved to iOS, I had a REALLY hard time with the keyboard. I LOVED Swiftkey on my Android devices. When I switched I immediately downloaded Swiftkey on my iPhone. It was NOT the same. Things were missing. (Granted, that was when Apple first started allowing 3rd party, so it may have improved since then.) I decided to switch back to the default keyboard and try to give it a chance.

After an adjustment period, I absolutely love the default iOS keyboard. It's very intuitive. Once it learns all your made up words and slang, it's almost impossible for me to make typos. Would definitely recommend giving it a chance. Good luck, welcome to iOS!

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
My only advice is to give yourself a break and don't be so hard on yourself when you say "Why didn't I do this years ago" ?.. Once you dive into these waters you will not look back..

Best of luck and please keep us posted on your thoughts

NewYorkChic

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
So far maneuvering around the menus it is a little frustrating..I'm used to a back button..also I got a little comfortable with the quick charging on the Android not able to charge and listen to my music while I'm at work is a little annoying.. But I guess I will live

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So far maneuvering around the menus it is a little frustrating..I'm used to a back button..also I got a little comfortable with the quick charging on the Android not able to charge and listen to my music while I'm at work is a little annoying.. But I guess I will live

May I suggest a Bluetooth headset. Preferably the Apple AirPods, this allows me to charge and listen to music at the same time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2