True story

Tonystark22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Greetings All!

I used to be one of those people who considered an iPhone the most overrated technological experience known to man (a little extreme, I know). While I didn't necessarily hate it, or the folx who used them, I always thought that I'd rather eat a bag of rusty nails before I purchased an iPhone. Well, that sentiment completely changed once my wife went out and brought home an iPhone 5c, back on release day. I looked at the phone, and played around with it a bit, and I began to feel a little funny. Not being one to self-diagnose, I was lucky enough to find this site, and realize that there were others that were suffering from the same symptoms as I. I began digging into the various forums, and read some of the likes, dislikes, and reviews of users here, and within a span of 48 hours, not only was I cured, but I was completely hooked; so much so, that I immediately denounced my HTC One, and made it a mission to go out to find the perfect iPhone for me.

I am pleased to announce that after careful consideration, that I have settled on a georgeous 5s (white/silver), that I simply cannot get enough of. It's only be a few days hands on, but I LOVE the experience so far. I realize that there are probably quite a few posts here from Android converts, but I felt compelled to add another chapter to that book. CHEERS!

Oh, and by the way, just in case you were wondering.....rusty nails don't taste that bad :yes:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Tony. The Silver/White 5S is a nice color choice. That is what I have too and l love it. Hope you enjoy the community,

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Outstanding, sir. We love to read about positives experiences such as yours so thank you for sharing it with us. By the way, congratulations on your new iPhone 5S. Take care...:)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Quite similar to my own convert, though I was an avid Apple hater all because the Mac mouse had no right click....yep. Then Jobs passed and I decided to pick up an iPhone 4, and only looked back once. So welcome! Soon you'll notice you've become one with the ecosystem and change would be a daunting task, not that you'll want to.

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity To You

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi tony and may I join in by welcoming you to iMore, The best and biggest Forum/Blog on the internet for all things IOS devices, stories and advice along with the greatest members anywhere. Now you are one of them and that is why we are so happy that you made your decision.. Please feel free to make yourself comfortable and if you need anything at all while looking through the forums, please simply ask. Have a good stay. :)

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
And be warned. The iPhone is considered by many to be the "gateway drug" to all things Apple.

This is painfully true. I was a webOS user (and I loved it). I tried everything to avoid getting an iPhone when HP scuttled the ship. I did not want to be an iSheep. I tried Android. I tried Windows Phone. I REALLY TRIED to love them. It didn't work, so I bought a 4S on eBay to give it a shot. It wan't but a couple of months before I had a 5, and convinced my wife to release the death grip on her Pre3 and inherit my 4S. It helps us run our family to have devices that connect to each other so easily.

Well, fast forward a year later, and our household now has an Apple TV and a MacBook Pro to go along with our iPhones, and my wife will be upgrading to the 5S this month. To be fair, I'm still not a blind Apple follower. They have a long way to go in certain areas. And, it wasn't my iPhone that made me buy a MacBook, it was the Charlie Foxtrot that is Windows 8 that convinced me to try OS X. But, until I see something better overall from the competition, we'll be sticking with Apple.

Just be prepared to catch hell from friends and relatives who may have heard your past rantings about Crapple. I know I do.

Tonystark22

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That was exactly what I was afraid of, lol. I had always been kinda curious about Apple TV, but now I'm looking at getting a MAC also, especially with everything I'm hearing about OSX so far........arrrrrrgh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore Community Tony and enjoy your new iPhone....and all your future purchases lol !! Loved your little intro story :biggrin:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome Ironman :)

Enjoy your new iPhone. Ask questions if you have them and enjoy your stay!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2