I'd love it if iOS 9 brought 'complications' to the iPhone lock screen

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
ios-9-iphone-complications-lock-screen-comp_0.jpg

Complications are what I miss most when not wearing my Apple Watch and now, also when looking at my iPhone lock screen.
I've been thinking about it for a while, but I became acutely aware of it this weekend when I took my Apple Watch off for a couple of hours to see what, if anything, I'd miss. I expected it to be notifications, and having to reach for my phone at every buzz and beep like it was 2014 again. But after repeatedly glancing at my wrist and seeing nothing but wrist, I realized how much I'd come to depend on the highly accessible, hyper-dense information provided by the complications.

"Complications" refer to any feature on a watch beyond showing the time in hours and seconds. With the Apple Watch, however, they've come to mean something more. That's the advantage of taking wearables from analog and digital to computational. Almost subconsciously, I'd gotten used to subtly turning my arm and remaining almost passively, constantly aware of the weather, my activity progress, my calendar, and more. Then, when I did reach for my iPhone 6 Plus to check a notification, the lack of similar information on my lock screen was notable. That's why I'm hoping Apple considers adding complications to the lock screen in iOS 9.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2