iMessage cut off when replying from banner pull down

robclif4d

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
When I'm on my iPhone 6+ (running iOS 9.3) and I get an iMessage banner, I pull it down to reply. When doing so, the banner window crops itself so I can't see my two line reply (I only see the top half of the characters in the first line). I have to go into the iMessage app to see my response before sending. I've seen this in all releases since iOS 9 was released (and possibly iOS8 too). I've rebuilt the device and still experience the same issue.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Rob

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by "rebuilt" the device?
Did you reboot?
Hard Reset
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
"Erase all content and settings." Wiped it clean, reinstalled everything from scratch.

Thanks,

Rob

And it still does it? You may want to take it to Apple and let them look at it. If restoring as new did not work, then it may be a hardware issue. When you say from scratch, you do mean as new? Right? Not from a back up?

robclif4d

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Correct....as new....not from a backup. I had my phone replaced a month or so ago, so the problem exists on two different phones.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Correct....as new....not from a backup. I had my phone replaced a month or so ago, so the problem exists on two different phones.

Has Apple said what might cause this? It's an unusual problem. Even more unusual for you to have 2 phones that did the same.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
All of my 6s+ phones have done that. I thought it was just an iOS thing~

Might be. I don't recall that though. I use the SwiftKey keyboard. I have the stock keyboard deleted, so I don't see that. The feature was meant for short text messages. If one needed to text long, they're better going to the messages app to do so.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Might be. I don't recall that though. I use the SwiftKey keyboard. I have the stock keyboard deleted, so I don't see that. The feature was meant for short text messages. If one needed to text long, they're better going to the messages app to do so.

I just tried it, it allows me to see everything i type. His is just an issue

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2