iMessage = Genius

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
When Apple originally announced iMessage I thought "why do we need another messaging platform??" We already had regular sms, FB Messenger, Whatsapp, Viber and so on and so on. Now I realize how smart it was to have a sms replacement exclusive to iPhone. Much like BB messenger 10 years ago, having an exclusive messenger really locks people into your OS. I use a Note 4 sometimes and the thing I miss the most is iMessage. Everyone in my family and most of my friends and coworkers use iMessage. When I use the Note it's like being on the outside looking in. SMS just isn't the same.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've always had an iPhone but I've never really thought about iMessage one way or another.

However, being that I moved from the UK to the USA in January and left my good lady back in the UK, I gave her my old 5s so I could FaceTime and iMessage her free of charge.

For me, this is EASILY worth the price of the device as I miss her daily and the ability to still be constantly in touch with her is worth its weight in gold!

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I never use imess, since i don't have friends who use apple LoL

Apple with it's limited airplay, hfs+ format, iphoto - icloud photo, itunes, apple tv, lightning, thunderbolt, and now usb c, not to mention their strong ecosystem, will suck you down and tight your feet if you're too attached ;) - same case as google services

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Your you are correct. It sucks having everything I want on one ecosystem. Everything in my house and with my wife and children work so well. Suck so bad.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Your you are correct. It sucks having everything I want on one ecosystem. Everything in my house and with my wife and children work so well. Suck so bad.

No need to be sacarstic. It's the fact ;) well why don't u try to use android phone or windows phone/pc for 1 month, u will see it's suck to connect and share files or else with you wife and children ;)

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, if our need is limited only for our private usage, it should be no problem, and should be a luxury ecosystem we can enjoy. but sometimes we do get around with other ecosystem, connecting with other os, and that's not easy, although it can be done with some additional extra step

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
No need to be sacarstic. It's the fact ;) well why don't u try to use android phone or windows phone/pc for 1 month, u will see it's suck to connect and share files or else with you wife and children ;)

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, if our need is limited only for our private usage, it should be no problem, and should be a luxury ecosystem we can enjoy. but sometimes we do get around with other ecosystem, connecting with other os, and that's not easy, although it can be done with some additional extra step

It sucks doing anything cross-platform. If your wife and family had Android phones, you'd be saying the same thing over at Android Central about iOS. Trust me. Devices work well within their own ecosystems but nowhere near as well outside of it.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
It sucks doing anything cross-platform. If your wife and family had Android phones, you'd be saying the same thing over at Android Central about iOS. Trust me. Devices work well within their own ecosystems but nowhere near as well outside of it.

Yeah, as i mentioned previously - same as google service Lol

At least their connector are more "friendly" cross-platform ;p

Nothing to complaint here. Just saying the fact

And I too got tight up into apple's world [^_^"]

I bought iphone, play with itunes, bought some music, attached to itunes luxury. Then i bought macbook air, so i could connect easier, and it must be convenient to have same ecosystem, easy cloud backup for my pictures, etc. After a while, Then i got mad because my ios and osx can't connect with my android set top box, and Soon i will think to purchase aTV to accomodate my movies purchased from itunes store hhahahahha.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2