iMessage issues -- delivering to some but not all devices

Red Resonant

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Normal sms of iMessages do not "all" appear on iMessage on a MacBook Air. Most do but not all. It just is not reliable. On that note that can be said of the whole Mountain Lion saga in my opinion, but I won't get started on that.

I have updated to all the latest software, firmware updates and started using this just a few weeks ago. I can't put my finger on why some are missing and others not. I thought iMessage on the air wouldn't receive messages when asleep, but it does, but then again not all. Anyways very annoying and actuallly I just use it now to type (send) messages. I always use my iPhone, which I hope will keep receiving at least all of the messages.

When reading through these reactions though it seems it would be better to turn the whole thing off all together, in case an sms get dropped on an iPad and not the iPhone. And now that I type this, I remember some one told me they really had sent me a message, but I did not see it anywhere.

In my opinion if Apple does not solve this and most other Mountain Lion issues it will start losing fans and users.

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, found it searching my issue. This issue actually started for me a while ago and has been accelerating to the point where I now do not receive imessages on my phone from three of my contacts, everyone else is working. WHAT ON EARTH.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, found it searching my issue. This issue actually started for me a while ago and has been accelerating to the point where I now do not receive imessages on my phone from three of my contacts, everyone else is working. WHAT ON EARTH.

I'm assuming the 3 contacts have iMessage enabled in Settings.
On your iPhone, try turning off iMessage in Settings, then turn your phone off, turn it back on again, then turn on iMessage in Settings.
Sometimes something that simple might do the trick.

Good Luck Christine & welcome to iMore.

Sergio Passos

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
i have that problem too... The images take too many time to load and 50% of messages come incomplete... it starts with the last imessage update

Michael Southam

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem: Messages sent from iPhone 5 get answers delivered to mini iPad but not on the iPhone.

Can someone provide a proper fix? Is it something to do with configuring iMessage?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem: Messages sent from iPhone 5 get answers delivered to mini iPad but not on the iPhone.

Can someone provide a proper fix? Is it something to do with configuring iMessage?
Go to Settings-Messages on both devices and then scroll down to the "Send & Receive" section and make sure either the phone number or Apple ID matches.

Robin Zimmerman

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
After a few days of this problem (messages were not syncing across my iPad and iPhone), and after digging around a little bit on forums and tweaking with settings on the devices, I realized that, after updating to iOS 7.x, my Apple ID was not associated with my phone number. Since my iPad is WiFi only, it relies on my Apple ID to track iMessage traffic. My phone number (which my iPhone uses) means nothing to my iPad.

In my iPhone I went to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and input my Apple ID in the "You can be reached by iMessage at..." field.

Now my iPad and iPhone are logged into the same iMessage account. (After making this change I now see my phone number is listed in my iPad's iMessage settings.)

Hope this helps anyone who might be stuck up the same tree as I was.

ddboy3

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. It seems to be related to the imessage switch and phones going back and forth from iphone to non-iphone or imessage to non-imessage. The system seems to remember that the number used to be an iphone and used to have imessage. When you move the phone or turn imessage off, the sender doesn't know this so their message continues to send imessage to a phone that can't receive it. I wish apple would fix this.

Clifford Eastlick

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problems as most everyone else. Over night, imessaging quit working between the iPhones and the iPad.... What has really happened and how do we get this feature back???

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problems as most everyone else. Over night, imessaging quit working between the iPhones and the iPad.... What has really happened and how do we get this feature back???

Unless Apple is having issues with the service itself, I recommend you make sure the iMessage settings are identical on your devices.

CFJames

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I've not been getting messages on my iPhone for an undetermined time and this is very frustrating. Haven't been using the other apple devices as regularly and certainly wouldn't check with the regularity of a phone which is a constant companion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2