Saving Photos from iMessage to Mac?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just curious as to how you all do this--there seem to be a few ways to do it, but so far none of them seem as easy to me as saving photos on my iPhone does. The best I've come up with so far is copy/paste, but there must be a better way to do it, right?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if I'm not being clear?I'm looking for a way to save it on my Mac from the Messages app there. (I don't use PhotoStream.)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, that's all I saw too...just surprises me that there isn't a Save option?if you want to keep a photo elsewhere it seems like more steps than it needs to be. Not a huge deal, but surprisingly un-Apple like.

(I did read that if you have iPhoto open you can drag and drop photos from Messages to iPhoto, but haven't tried it as I rarely leave iPhoto open.)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yep, that's all I saw too...just surprises me that there isn't a Save option—if you want to keep a photo elsewhere it seems like more steps than it needs to be. Not a huge deal, but surprisingly un-Apple like.

(I did read that if you have iPhoto open you can drag and drop photos from Messages to iPhoto, but haven't tried it as I rarely leave iPhoto open.)

You don’t need iPhoto open... just drag the photo to your desktop... works like a charm.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77