Can't access iCloud from my iPad

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to access iCloud from my browser on my iPad when I go to iCloud .com it prompts me to set up iCloud. It's already set up.

Does iCloud.com only work on a Mac ?

Why isn't there a iCloud app ?

Confused :confused

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thus far, you cannot access iCloud via mobile Safari. You will have to use a desktop or laptop computer. You *may* be able to access it via a third party browser using your mobile device, but I haven't tried it.

Just Me, D

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Why would u need to ? It's all on your iPad .. Except documents and that they want you to buy the app ;)

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
no real reason to... I guess why access it on my mac as well... the interface is useless.

I keep hoping to find a reason to really love this concept but like all Mac things.... its restrictive..

I realized I can't open the site on my phone either.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ya I think the reason you can't is because all the info that you will be looking at is already synced to your phone .. But I guess it could be handy if a friend wanted to use your device log in get his doc or grab a number real quick

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Manali7

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The reason I want to be able to login to icloud from my iphone is to "find" my macbook if it's stolen (as a friend's was today), but I guess I can login via another computer, just means having to go and find one as I don't have extras at home.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The reason I want to be able to login to icloud from my iphone is to "find" my macbook if it's stolen (as a friend's was today), but I guess I can login via another computer, just means having to go and find one as I don't have extras at home.

Just download the "Find My iPhone" app. When you enter your iCloud credentials, you will see all of your devices that are configured for iCloud and in regard to your MacBook, as long as it is connected to the Internet, you will get a location for it.

NventiveGuy

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I uploaded a bunch of pics to iCloud from my Windows 8.1 laptop, to share them with family members who have iPhones and iPads.
However, now I can't get to them via my iPad! What the heck?

I tried going to iCloud.com/#iclouddrive in Safari, but it only asks me to set up icloud on my device. I thought I already have it set up.

And I can't get to it via Chrome browser (unsupported).

Apple said I could use Firefox, but Mozilla said Apple has restrictions that prevent them from developing a version for iOS.

What am I missing here? People have told me Apples are so easy to use, but I keep running into problems whenever I try to do the simplest is things. It's not like I'm a novice--I've been using computers for 40 years!

Can someone please explain this to me?

Last edited:

johnjeff1963

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I uploaded a bunch of pics to iCloud from my Windows 8.1 laptop, to share them with family members who have iPhones and iPads.
However, now I can't get to them via my iPad! What the heck?

I tried going to iCloud.com/#iclouddrive in Safari, but it only asks me to set up icloud on my device. I thought I already have it set up.

And I can't get to it via Chrome browser (unsupported).

Apple said I could use Firefox, but Mozilla said Apple has restrictions that prevent them from developing a version for iOS.

What am I missing here? People have told me Apples are so easy to use, but I keep running into problems whenever I try to do the simplest is things. It's not like I'm a novice--I've been using computers for 40 years!

Can someone please explain this to me?

Here is my two cents....its Apple BS Development 101. I Cloud was some half-baked idea that Apple dreamed up and has not put the investment into it so it's a robust product. Apple has failed to realize that the world is operating on mobile devices more and more each day. I don't want to access my MAC to make these changes like many people. I've tried nearly every mobile browser out there with a desktop mode to make this work to no avail. It's VERY frustrating. Until watches become less important than core development I don't expect it to change.
For me I went to other vendors for cloud storage and only rely on iCloud for a restore should I have an emergency. (also went to other vendors for Cal, Notes, Reminders etc...)
Wish I had better news !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2