How to totally remove iCloud?

Granny Dee

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad & iPhone. Using the cloud has complicated my life with these devices and I would like to totally eliminate any iCloud usage. Do any of you know how I can do this? Thank you for any help you can offer.

r0k

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Careful! Getting out of iCloud can be tricky. First of all, back up your stuff! When you "log out" of iCloud, any data that iOS thinks belongs to that iCloud ID gets deleted from your device. Well not exactly. It asks you first. If you say delete, it lets you log out. If you say don't delete, you are stuck logged in. The good news is the sync is very fast so if you "log out" and everything is gone, if you "log back in" everything comes back in mere seconds.

What sort of problems are you having? I have found iCloud to be "perfect" at syncing my information among my iOS devices and my Mac. Perhaps there is something you are trying to do that is throwing a monkey wrench into things. For one thing, Apple tries to force you to use the same Apple ID for iCloud and iTunes. I say this is optional for a good reason and I keep mine separate. Apple allows multiple users to share an AppleID but this can create confusion when one users' phone contacts and calendar entries start showing up on the other users' devices.

southcitykitty

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
My problem with iCloud is that now I can't connect my iPhone with my laptop and move photos from my iPhone folders to folders on my computer. If I can find a way to do that again without removing iCloud entirely, I'll do it.

Any advice?!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Drop box. It's free for two gigs and works great. You can set it to automatically upload to drop box and just put the drop box app on your pc.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My problem with iCloud is that now I can't connect my iPhone with my laptop and move photos from my iPhone folders to folders on my computer. If I can find a way to do that again without removing iCloud entirely, I'll do it.

Any advice?!

iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

Can photos be saved or downloaded from a shared photo stream?

Yes. Once photos are shared, anyone who can view the shared photo stream can download and keep the photos permanently.
On a device using iOS 6 or later, you can save photos to the Camera Roll. On a Mac, using iPhoto 9.4 or Aperture 3.4, you can save photos from the shared stream to your local Photo Library or any other location on your Mac. On a Windows PC, you can copy photos from a shared photo stream to any folder. On the web, photos can be downloaded directly to your computer from the detail view of each photo.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Help

My contacts are gone. Could I Cloud be the cause. Now do I get them back

Thanks

Unless you've accidentally deleted them, I doubt your contacts have been lost via iCloud, however, you can logon to www.icloud.com via a computer (not from your iPhone or iPad) and check to see if your contacts are intact. If they are, simply delete your iCloud account on your i-device and then reconfigure it/set it up again. Afterwards, your iCloud data should re-sync to your device.

RoGard

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
there are only two options under my name: acct settings & sign out. Where are you finding "Advanced" ? and are these instructions for deleting Photo Stream or iCloud entirely. i cannot delete iCloud off my iPhone 4. I click "delete account" and hangs at "deleting..." for hours and then closes settings. i also cannot "turn off" calendar on iPhone. I fear both this issues are eating away at my battery life. Battery depleting 2% every minute.

Melissa Lay Girts

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I bought a iPad almost a year ago after the loss of my father at the funeral home someone stole mine and about three months later god blessed me with one, now I purchased this from a pawn shop and it still had the young ladies information in it her iCloud so without this I can't do anything with it googled and made a Apple ID so I can use the iPad but don't want to have to loose all my games and pictures please someone help......

modela

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
My answer is to get rid of the iPhone. This is my last iPhone. We have had 6 in our family over the years. We also have a macbook Pro. The 5s has been a complete pain between the cloud and the accumulation of messages. It drops messages. It drops phone calls. It has a short battery life.

On one visit to the Genius Bar, the person helping downloaded to the cloud (which happened to be down at the time). It partially restored later in the evening, but I lost notes and other things on the phone.

My first two iPhones were great. They were simple, interfaced with my MacBook Pro. Then I upgraded---UGH.

The latest versions may be great for people who want to waste a lot of times with frills, selfies, and games, but I don't have that kind of time.

Last edited:

zenxmate

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Remove an iOS device or Mac by turning off Find My iPhone

Remove a device from Find My iPhone by turning off Find My iPhone on the device.

On an iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud, then tap to turn off Find My [device].

On a Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then deselect Find My Mac.
Note: You can also remove your device by turning off iCloud completely on that device. Turning off iCloud turns off all iCloud features on the device.

Remove an iOS device or Mac on which you can’t turn off Find My iPhone

If you can’t turn off Find My iPhone on the device, turn off the device so it goes offline, then remove it from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.
Note: You can also remove your iOS device by first erasing it—just follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you don’t have. You can later restore the device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

Turn off the device you want to remove.

Sign in to icloud.com/#find on another computer with your Apple ID (the one you use with iCloud).

If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Remove from Account. If you don’t see Remove from Account, click All Devices again, then click the Delete button next to the device.

If the device comes online again, it will reappear in Find My iPhone. If your device reappears, turn off Find My iPhone on the device (follow the instructions above for removing a device by turning off Find My iPhone), or if it’s an iOS device and you no longer have it, follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you no longer have.

Paul Rowlandson

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
In trying to find a way of syncing calendar information from i-cal on my i-mac with my windows phone I was persuaded to open an i-cloud account.
I now find that there is no easy way of achieving the sync I wanted so wish to close my i-cloud account as I have no wish to store my stuff anywhere but on my desk-top.
However it appears that now my calendar and contacts info have been put onto i-cloud and if I log out of i-cloud I can no longer access them.
Is there any way to get my info back on my machine so I can kill i-cloud.
I just have this one apple device which is backed up with time machine so have no need or desire to have my stuff out there somewhere on other peoples servers waiting to be hacked.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77