iCloud music sync question

lshartle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay I've searched a few pages from the forums and haven't found any posts closely related to my questions so I apologize if this is redundant but I have to ask.

I just switched to using iCloud for backups (iTunes via wifi just isn't practical since I let my computer go to sleep after 10 mins of non use) so my question is this:
If I add music to iTunes, using my PC, that I did NOT purchase, will it sync to my iPhone via iCloud?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't but I had to ask.
From my understanding the only way it will is if I subscribe to iTunes match, is that correct?
Otherwise, the only way new music will sync wirelessly, is if I purchase it through iTunes?

I feel sorry for the people that aren't tech savvy trying to figure out iCloud, it can be very confusing.

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay I've searched a few pages from the forums and haven't found any posts closely related to my questions so I apologize if this is redundant but I have to ask.

I just switched to using iCloud for backups (iTunes via wifi just isn't practical since I let my computer go to sleep after 10 mins of non use) so my question is this:
If I add music to iTunes, using my PC, that I did NOT purchase, will it sync to my iPhone via iCloud?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't but I had to ask.
From my understanding the only way it will is if I subscribe to iTunes match, is that correct?
Otherwise, the only way new music will sync wirelessly, is if I purchase it through iTunes?

I feel sorry for the people that aren't tech savvy trying to figure out iCloud, it can be very confusing.

Correct. If you have music in your library that was not purchased through iTunes, then it will not sync to your iPhone through iCloud. You'll need to purchase iTunes Match ($25 USD) for that to work. Match will scan your library and match or upload all of your files and then make them available from iCloud.