Syncing docs with iCloud in Windows XP

talltom79

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to use Pages on my iPhone to edit Word documents from my PC running Windows XP. I am wondering if this is possible via iCloud. It seems that you can't install any iCloud software in XP but does this stop you from logging onto the iCloud website and uploading/downloading documents there? The website talks about downloading files and then dragging them back into the browser window to upload them - would that work in XP? You can't test it without buying Pages for iPhone first and I only want to do that if I'm sure I'm going to be able to sync with XP. I don't really need the other sync capability of iCloud.

Thanks

talltom

talltom79

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
In the absence of any replies I just bought Pages for iPhone and now I know the answer which I shall record here in case anyone else ever wants to know. The good news is that it IS possible to sync your documents via iCloud using an iPhone and a PC with Windows XP. The downloading and dragging of files in XP works exactly as described, and Pages looks like a nice word processor app for the iPhone. It must just be the other functionality of iCloud that requires Vista or Windows 7.

Reactions: Alli

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That is good to know. When I first bought my Mac, I bought iWorks. Hated it, and shortly wound up buying Office 2011 for Mac, which is just worlds ahead. But I could see using Pages on my iPhone/iPad, or even using drag/drop just to save docs to iCloud.

I wonder if other apps will be able to access it for storage? I'm thinking specifically Docs to Go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2