Questin about iCloud/MobileMe/iTunes accounts

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Okay, so my wife an I use the same iTunes accounts for apps, music, etc. However, we both have a different MobileMe address. (Her's is actually a sub-account under mine, and mine is the "head" of the family plan).

So how will it work with the new iCloud?

Since we have been using the same iTunes account (mine) will she still have access to the music/apps I buy? Or since she has a different MobileMe email address, will her account basically say she has nothing (since everything has been purchased under my account)?

If she uses my iTunes/App store account, will she then also be getting my email, calendar, etc? If we want to share pictures, will be have to use the same account - and thus have the same problem with email, calendar, contacts, etc?

Not sure how this will all work.

Chris

spades1412

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same situation here. My wife and I both use the same itunes account to purchase apps and music. Her phone syncs with a PC, mine with a mac. It wil be interesting to see how this works. It says the cloud service will be good for up to 10 devices. Hopefully there will be a way to separate devices.

I would hate to have iCloud go live and I end up with all her contacts, calendar, pictures and vice versus. If she purchases a song from iTunes that I do not want, I would hate to have that song automatically show up on my phone and I'm sure she feels the same way.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
as far as i see...

the devices will need to be logged into the same icloud account, which is your itunes account...

then you can configure your mobileme accounts seperately as well...

my issue is, with the icloud being the same between me and my wife, concieveably, she will receive every picture i'm taking on my phone with the camera roll sync...

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
my initial comments are wrong.. sorry..

there is quite a few places where you can have different log ins..
for example:
your iTunes account password, can differ from your iCloud password. your iMessage needs to be an appleID, but can be a different one too.

so..
iOS5 has:
Twitter Log in
iMessage Log in
iCloud Log in
Itunes Account Log in
and your email log in (if different from mobile me).

Reactions: deanydeany

deanydeany

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Good News!

So is the separate iTunes and icloud sign in a fact - or just hopeful?

If it's fact - then that's just cool. Me and the wife share an iTunes account!

rine

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
a bit confused about icloud

i never update the information about icloud before, since i recently have an iphone. i was excited to purchased some apps in apps store, but then i realized that some of them aren't good enough for me, so i deleted them.
then, in 'app store->updates->purchased' icon, there are all my purchased applications. the applications which i've deleted, appear too, with icloud icon.
it keeps annoy me, since there are some apps appear like that. i want to delete them, permanently, because i don't think i will repurchased them again and i'll make my list simplier and clear.
is there anything that i can do? should i make an icloud account? because there isn't any icloud setting in my iphone.

thanks before for your help..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2