MobileMe Question

aflacks

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a PC so I am paying the $99/year for MobileMe....It kind of bugs me, so I am wondering if I discontinue the service, will my contacts and calendar entries disappear from my IPhone? If so, how can I preserve them and still get rid of the service. I have searched the forums and really have found nothing close....

Thanks in advance for the advice.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
MobileMe is the same price, PC or Mac.

Just an FYI - you can buy MobileMe subscriptions on ebay. Singles go for as low as $40 per year, typically $50 to $60 (I paid ~$100 for my family pack and they go for less than that now). All you need is the activation number.

Last edited:

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a PC so I am paying the $99/year for MobileMe....It kind of bugs me, so I am wondering if I discontinue the service, will my contacts and calendar entries disappear from my IPhone? If so, how can I preserve them and still get rid of the service. I have searched the forums and really have found nothing close....

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I don't think that they will be gone from your phone, though I will say that if you use the iPhone I would stick with Mo Me I know it seems kinda pricey but there really is a great benefit to using it like the online back up for your phone. I am mac so there are many more features that I get which make that much better for me.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
if you have your mobile me syncing with outlook, then all your calendar and contacts will still be there. if you're not, i would reccomend that you do. there is a mobileme control panel for windows that you can download that will make sure that it all syncs up correctly.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...added note:

...once you get all your data in Outlook, export it, and import it into Gmail! Then use the GMail\Exchange option on your iPhone and you're good to go :)

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Fail, I never even thought about using outlook, guess that's just the mac in me. LOL Thanks for giving the OP good advice.

First off I use a Mac mainly, second off MobileMe will sync his contacts to outlook and then he has them on his computer... So yes that will work... So contrary to iquinn that will work, thanks for discouraging the OP from a viable solution...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2