Sync Contacts from Iphone to MobileMe Acct

lwendt33

Jan 16, 2009
Visit site
So I have all my contacts stored in MobileME acct. When I synced my MobileME acct with my Iphone it added all of my contacts a 2nd time to my Iphone. Not sure why??? I went in and deleted every contact from my MobileME acct which unfortunately deleted all my contacts from my phone after syncing it. I did a backup and was able to recover them. Now I have all of my contacts back on my Iphone (just one of each now). How do i sync my contacts from my Iphone to MobileMe without getting dupicates again???? I basically just want it to add the new numbers I have entered on my Iphone to the MobileMe acct. Someone has said there was an issue before with syncing contacts with your MobileMe acct. Please help it should be this hard.

lwendt33

Jan 16, 2009
Visit site
This article fixed the issue...support.apple.com/kb/HT2630]MobileMe

Important steps for MobileMe sync issue resolved on July 28, 2008

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
You choose whether or not to sync your mobile me acct contacts, calenders etc... When you set the accoutrements up on your phone. That would mean it syncs over the air. If you then choose to sync it thru iTunes then you'll get the double entries. If you get the double entries. Just deselect contacts on your in your MobileMe settings on your phone. Then reselect it and the iPhone will ask if you want to merge data click yes.

So to summerize, you do not need to sync contacts through iTunes. It is already doing it!