A gripe with MobileMe please comment

iNick

May 18, 2009
Visit site
I have only had my iphone for about 2 weeks and i just set my my mobileme free trial. After going through the features of mome i am wondering why i spent the time setting it up. Now im not a business man and my calendar mainly consists of the Mets and knicks schedules. My class times are scattered in there as well but all of my ical events sync with no problem every time. Currently my mail syncs perfectly with no issues at all, i don't use the contacts application on my macbook so i have no use for syncing those but i thought those can be synced from itunes without mome. I understand the use of the online storage and whatnot but i don't have an abundance of material that needs to be saved. If there is something im missing please let me know because the impression i get from everyone on here is that mome is very useful.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I have only had my iphone for about 2 weeks and i just set my my mobileme free trial. After going through the features of mome i am wondering why i spent the time setting it up. Now im not a business man and my calendar mainly consists of the Mets and knicks schedules. My class times are scattered in there as well but all of my ical events sync with no problem every time. Currently my mail syncs perfectly with no issues at all, i don't use the contacts application on my macbook so i have no use for syncing those but i thought those can be synced from itunes without mome. I understand the use of the online storage and whatnot but i don't have an abundance of material that needs to be saved. If there is something im missing please let me know because the impression i get from everyone on here is that mome is very useful.

Well if you log in to me.com, you have a huge storage space that you can use as public or private. You can sort albums and share them with people. The e-mail storage is pretty big, and you can sync with several devices.

I guess it depends on what you use it for.

I feel better knowing that if something happens to one of my devices, I still have my backups and all of my stuff on either the iMac, MacBook, or 1 of 2 iPhones. For me, it's peace of mind, and I use the file storage a lot, if I want to send someone a cd or a movie, it's easier to just upload it to my public mobileme folder and let them just DL it off there. It comes in handy quite often.

I don't really use the Photo feature though. I have a Pro flickr account that I've used for quite a while now and I prefer to stick with that.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
thanks to everyone who replied, i appreciate the replies.

Not a problem! I think MobileMe is kind of about preference. I really like having the options it gives me, and push mail is awesome. I find it pushes even quicker than my BB Bold did, which is saying something.

Just really depends on what you need I suppose. I like knowing all my stuff is there in case I lose my phone or anything like that.

If it doesn't suit you, that's fine too :)

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Like someone stated, if you don't need it, don't use it.

I don't need it, but still use it... but I love to waste $$$. In fact, I use my Yahoo and Gmail more than my Me. I don't store anything on it either. I even got SherWeb for 3 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2