Sync MobileMe and Exchange?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Okay, at work I have an exchange server. I am considering purchasing a MobileMe account, but I really only want to do so if I can also keep syncing everything with the exchange server.

Can the iPhone sync with both MobileMe AND Exchange? Or will it blow up if I try to do that?

If I want to do that, how easy or difficult is it to set up?

Chris

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
July 17, I bought a shiny new iPhone 3G. Right there at the store, I entered my Exchange account and then my MobileMe account (was previous .Mac user).

Everything was suddenly just there; all my work and all my personal contacts, calendars, and email, over air, synced.

Boom.

Two great syncs that sync great on the iPhone.

(Note this how to as well:

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2008/1...-and-exchange-on-the-iphone-at-the-same-time/

)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Let me ask this - is there anything that using MobileMe provides that using Exchange doesn't? I know mobile me gives you something like 20 GB of space, but I don't know if I will ever use that.

Chris

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
Ok so now I'm thoroughly confused. Are you talking about syncing directly to Exchange? I want to sync my work calendar and contacts up to MobileMe, but am told I can't because my work Outlook is on exchange.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
no, I am talking about syncing my iphone e with both MobileMe and exchange. I currently use exchange at work. Will getting mobile me offer me anything that I can't already get with exchange.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I use both, Exchange has my work email, calendar, and contacts. MobileMe has my personal versions.

Using both lets me keep both work and personal separate, yet still have "push" on both.

As a Mac user, MobileMe also gives me sync (so my desktop and laptop are basically always the same), Back to my Mac for easy sharing, etc.

jimyod

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
Exchange and MobileMe

I just "chatted" with MobileMe support. They indicated that what is synced to my iPhone via Exchange will not then sync from the iPhone to iCal on my home MAC. Is anybody else experiencing this?

shwa311

May 19, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same boat.

PC (@Work, exchange)
iPhone (exchange calander/contacts/email)
iMac (@home, mobile me)

I would simply use exchange on the Mac at home but my employer has it kinda locked down. Not sure if its possible although I haven't tried. I guess this my next step.

How about having the PC sync with both Exchange and MM? Has anyone tried this?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I just "chatted" with MobileMe support. They indicated that what is synced to my iPhone via Exchange will not then sync from the iPhone to iCal on my home MAC. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Hmm...if this is true, I may reconsider. I want to have one calendar, one contact list, etc. Not one on exchange, and a separate one on mobile me.

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2