Slave light switches?

nbomar1

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I want to put some HomeKit light switches in my house. Most of my switches in my house have another switch somewhere in the same room to control the same light. Kind of redundant, but hey I didn't design or build the house. How do I use a HomeKit switch on this type of setup?

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I want to put some HomeKit light switches in my house. Most of my switches in my house have another switch somewhere in the same room to control the same light. Kind of redundant, but hey I didn't design or build the house. How do I use a HomeKit switch on this type of setup?

I think it depends on how the new switch is designed. If it's one that actually physically flips the existing switch you should be fine so long as you never touch the non-upgraded switch - effectively eliminating the functionality of the 3-way switch.

I'd look into the documentation of the switches you're considering and see if they have guidance about 3-way switches. It's a pretty common feature, so I'm sure they've thought about it even if only to acknowledge it's incompatible with a 3-way switch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2