[GUIDE] How to block someone in IOS 7

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How to use the block feature in ios7

The easiest way to block someone is using their contact. Open the contact info of who you want to block and then scroll to the bottom of the screen.
You will find a button to block them. Pressing this button will prevent the person from being able to call you, send you text messages, or reach you over FaceTime.

They don't have to be in your contacts to block them. If they?ve recently contacted you.
Access a person?s contact through the lowercase ?i? in a circle icon.
Look for the block option at the bottom of the page.

Remember, the person will know that you've blocked them.
They will hear a few rings interrupted by a busy signal.

If it's a text, it will look like it was delivered. If you?re sending an iMessage it will show delivered like normal, but won't show or alert you.

If someone you?ve blocked tries to FaceTime you, they?ll see the normal connection, but you will never receive anything and it rings on their end forever.

iPhone blocking goes one way so you can still call, text and stalk them if you want :)

If your blocked victim uses Apple?s read receipts, you won?t receive them post-block. They won?t see yours either.

Another thing to note is even if you?ve blocked the caller?s number or if they use services like *67, it will still make your phone ring. The call will show up on your phone as ?No Caller ID.?

If you decide you want to read some blocked messages, you can?t.... even if you unblock the sender. Those messages are gone.

There?s currently no way to block someone from iMessaging your Mac ? the iPhone block seems to be tied to the physical device, not your SIM, and not your Apple ID or iCloud account.

This also means that even if you?ve associated email information with a blocked contact, the iPhone won?t block their emails.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Call blocking is one of my favorite features in iOS7. Very useful guide. Thanks!

Ya my sister had came to me the other day and asked me how to block someone she thought it was going to be something that was a pain. I showed her and 2 sec later she was like ... Oh really lol
So I pretty much found as much info on it as I could and complied it because I figured it might be useful.

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Remember, the person will know that you've blocked them.
They will hear a few rings interrupted by a busy signal.

I haven't tried it personally to see what it does, but callers that I have blocked can still leave voicemail. I never get a notification for it but it does show up in VVM under 'blocked messages' just under the 'deleted messages' list.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried it personally to see what it does, but callers that I have blocked can still leave voicemail. I never get a notification for it but it does show up in VVM under 'blocked messages' just under the 'deleted messages' list.

Good to know . Thank you for sharing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2