Did you choose the pro or just the 12?

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I purchased the Pacific Blue Pro 12 for myself and the Gold 12 Pro for my wife. The Gold pro looks close to the Silver this year.
9ccbc0262712f28bfd6eb4a3ded19f43.jpg

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I went with the 12 Pro blue, was leaning towards a mini, but decided to give my 11 Pro to my nephew and get my twin brother a SE 2 because he likes the home button.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Went with the 12 Pro for the camera, and plan to keep it for several years. If the same camera was available on the Mini I would have gone for that instead.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
12, the Pro’s aren’t very justifiable in their cost this year.

It depends on what you are wanting out of the phone. As some have mentioned in this thread, some wanted it for the telephoto lens. Some, like me, wanted it for the extra 2GB of RAM. There is also the ProRAW photo format. I question why Apple didn't add that to the 12, was it to help justify the cost of the Pro or maybe because it requires the additional RAM.

After you account for the extra 64GB of storage on the base Pro model, there is just over $100 price difference between the Pro and the 12.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what you are wanting out of the phone. As some have mentioned in this thread, some wanted it for the telephoto lens. Some, like me, wanted it for the extra 2GB of RAM. There is also the ProRAW photo format. I question why Apple didn't add that to the 12, was it to help justify the cost of the Pro or maybe because it requires the additional RAM.

After you account for the extra 64GB of storage on the base Pro model, there is just over $100 price difference between the Pro and the 12.

I never said there weren’t reasons to get a Pro. It’s just not entirely justifiable cost-wise. You’ve noted the biggest and a large portion of the differences already. People will get the phone they want, and enjoy it. 2GB of RAM isn’t a lot and telephoto isn’t useful to many. ProRAW just takes more physical storage. Completely uncompressed. I also question the choice to not include it, other than the fact that uncompressed original files are “pro.” Maybe in a couple years when I upgrade again there will be more “pro” in the Pro again.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I never said there weren’t reasons to get a Pro. It’s just not entirely justifiable cost-wise. You’ve noted the biggest and a large portion of the differences already. People will get the phone they want, and enjoy it. 2GB of RAM isn’t a lot and telephoto isn’t useful to many. ProRAW just takes more physical storage. Completely uncompressed. I also question the choice to not include it, other than the fact that uncompressed original files are “pro.” Maybe in a couple years when I upgrade again there will be more “pro” in the Pro again.

If you don't mind me asking, what phone did you come from prior to the 12?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Was going to get the pro max but I’ll grab the regular pro this year, the color? Not so sure about yet. Waiting for the first initial batches to go so I can get a less yellow screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nethtanyang