packgirl04

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and to Apple. I have owned Samsung devices for many years including the Note 4 Edge. I NEVER thought in a million years I would own an iphone. I was adamantly Android. I enjoyed the customization that Android gave, amoungst other things. I was coming up on renewal of my contract with Verizon, and wanted a change. So I decided to "come to the dark side" and got an iphone 6s and I've never been happier! Yes, it's an iphone, yes the ability to customize is limited, BUT it is an amazing device. Samsung makes a beautiful device and they in their own right deserves praise, but Apple just seems to do everything right, and does it well. I am very happy with my decision that I made, and will be enjoying my time here.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and to Apple. I have owned Samsung devices for many years including the Note 4 Edge. I NEVER thought in a million years I would own an iphone. I was adamantly Android. I enjoyed the customization that Android gave, amoungst other things. I was coming up on renewal of my contract with Verizon, and wanted a change. So I decided to "come to the dark side" and got an iphone 6s and I've never been happier! Yes, it's an iphone, yes the ability to customize is limited, BUT it is an amazing device. Samsung makes a beautiful device and they in their own right deserves praise, but Apple just seems to do everything right, and does it well. I am very happy with my decision that I made, and will be enjoying my time here.

Welcome to iMore and the dark side. You enjoy that new iPhone and do not hesitate to ask questions should you have any. Look forward to seeing your post.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Enjoy your new 6s.

Oh, and Go Pack Go!

(I keep that in text replacement, under Settings -> Keyboards -> Text Replacement )

ChaseJ

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I was the same way. Long time android guy and was not a fan of the iPhone. For the same reasons it sounds like you had, customization. But that has gotten harder as time went on, i.e. rooting and flashing. So after I cracked my screen a 3rd time on my S5, I figured it was time to see what the iPhone was about. Love it. Took some getting used to, but I'm happy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Many of us here have used numerous brand of mobile devices over the years, but have come to appreciate the Apple products for their build quality, ease of use, superior app and product support as well as their resale value. Anyway, welcome to iMore and congratulations on getting your iPhone.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Packgirl I was the same...even had the Edge too...but then when Verizon crippled it with the 5.0 update, and any hope of another update was months away, I sold it and came to iOS knowing that the update process is much smoother. Couldn't be happier and right now have no urge or desire to go back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4