5C owner thinking of a 5S...

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been mulling this for awhile, and was wondering....has anyone else used both the 5C and the 5S? I'd like to know the big differences beyond plastic vs. metal feel of the phones? If I did trade in my 5C and got a 5S, what am I going to notice the most? Thanks! Sorry if this is a repeat thread anywhere!

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
The big difference is a MINUSCULE speed boost & the camera & Touch ID. I had the 5S & switched

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Definitely for the different feel. My slate 5S was too slippery.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Definitely for the different feel. My slate 5S was too slippery.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk ��

-Cool. Thanks for answering. Makes sense, as I know the coating on the S is different than what they used on the 5. So, it's more slippery than a 5 then?

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I believe so. The white 5S, and the gold ones are more like easy to hold. No problem for answering btw.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Performance increase w/ a substantially improved chip set vs. the 5/5c, enhanced camera function, touch ID. Those are the facts...the rest of the stuff is either unsubstantial or opinionated.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I was actually thinking of taking the 5s back for the 5c just because it would have been the same cost for a memory increase, but I would rather have the better internals since I might be keeping this phone for more than a year. If future versions of ios start utilizing that 64 bit processor, I want to take full advantage of it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Down the line, you'll notice how much more future proof the 5S has been as opposed to what the 5C is. As far as the phone being slippery, that's all a case by case thing when it comes to who is handling the phone.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using both the 5c and 5s. Yes, the 5s has more features. It's more future proofed as well. However, the 5c was my first iPhone. It's also still a positively beautiful device. If I were given the ultimatum to sell my 5c or my 5s, the 5s would be getting a new owner.

Sent from my electronic device using Tapatalk.

Kerti

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I owned the 5C for about a week then did the switch to the 5S. Ultimately, I felt like the 5C was a little outdated compared to the 5S. The 5S runs a tiny bit faster, the camera is a lot better, I LOVE the touch ID and the overall feel of the phone in my hands felt overall better. I also prefer black as my primary color, and with the 5C not offering a black color, getting the Space Grey was a no brainer to me overall.

In the end, they both are GREAT phones, however, I feel the 5S is a bit more superior, and if you plan on owning your current phone for quite some time, I believe you should do the switch and get the 5S.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've used both, I had a 5c for about a week before moving to the 5s. As far as performance goes I didn't notice ANY difference. I do like the tID though and much prefer the 5s' metal to the 5c's plastic. I'm one of the weirdos that thinks metal is preferable to plastic when the option is there. I would have really liked a dark colored 5c though. White was the only option as far as I was concerned it it just couldn't overcome the sliqness of the space grey and silver 5s' in my simple mind.

via the tablet

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using both the 5c and 5s. Yes, the 5s has more features. It's more future proofed as well. However, the 5c was my first iPhone. It's also still a positively beautiful device. If I were given the ultimatum to sell my 5c or my 5s, the 5s would be getting a new owner.

-Question, since you've used both........call quality any different on either? Is one better than the other? I make a lot of calls and find that my 5C has dang good call quality.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
-Question, since you've used both........call quality any different on either? Is one better than the other? I make a lot of calls and find that my 5C has dang good call quality.

I seriously doubt the 5s would be capable of having WORSE call quality than a 5c but stranger things have indeed happened.

via the tablet

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Honestly, the 5s makes voices a little more high pitched and clear. The 5c sounds more natural but thus it can make it a bit jumbled.* Both are decent though.

*If they sound mumble and jumble in real life, the 5c picks that up. The 5s attempts to correct it so they sound high pitched.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
So what made you want the 5C over the 5S?

-At the time I had been carrying the 5 since it came out and was just ready for the different feel. It was/is a great phone but is much like the 5. We all know this. As the last few months have past, I've had the chance to mess around with friend's 5S' and have slowly grown envious. In turn, I traded in my 5C tonight for a gold 5S and couldn't be happier. Just missed that feel of metal. Plus, as some have mentioned, there is something to being future proof, and now I am.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
-At the time I had been carrying the 5 since it came out and was just ready for the different feel. It was/is a great phone but is much like the 5. We all know this. As the last few months have past, I've had the chance to mess around with friend's 5S' and have slowly grown envious. In turn, I traded in my 5C tonight for a gold 5S and couldn't be happier. Just missed that feel of metal. Plus, as some have mentioned, there is something to being future proof, and now I am.

A phone one generation newer is always going to be one generation more future proof. It?s the way Apple works, or at least has worked. The 5S isn?t going to get any more support than any other phone ever got. IMHO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizayoni