Ordering online question

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if the phone will come faster if I order through Apple website or on the att website? Or would there be no difference?

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think AT&T store should be able to deliver much faster.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends on the color and capacity, but people aren't able to tell when the phones are shipping. They're plenty of people on the boards that ordered on launch day that have not yet received their phones, and others that have.

An in-store pickup may be the best option. At least you'll know if they have your desired phone or not.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean ordering on the AT&T website or going into an AT&T store and I have them order it for me?

The website I think will be faster. At least there was an image leaked few days ago showing when carriers will get a new stock while Apple.com didn't change and kept saying October with no exact dates or even estimates.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends on the color and capacity, but people aren't able to tell when the phones are shipping. They're plenty of people on the boards that ordered on launch day that have not yet received their phones, and others that have.

An in-store pickup may be the best option. At least you'll know if they have your desired phone or not.

^ This too. So if you are planning to get the gold for example you will have to wait for ages.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know if the phone will come faster if I order through Apple website or on the att website? Or would there be no difference?

I spoke to both Verizon and Apple in regaurds to the same type of question (I know...its not AT&T). My gf ordered her 5s on the 22nd and was promised a delivery date (at her door) of no later than the 25th by Verizon. on the 24th, she received an email stating the shipping date is some time in october now. I called Apple and asked if she would get it earlier if ordered directly through Apple, and the rep told me that they have no clue when they will be shipped becasue they are on backorder. He did say that it wouldn't be wise to cancel her order with Verizon just to place one with Apple, because the order would just be put at the back of the list instead of wherever it is now (if that makes any sense).

That being said, from who I have talked to I don't really think one will get you a phone faster than the other. Either way, they are backordered right now. And the gold will take even longer to ship (from what I have been told).

If you are looking for a white or slate gray with 32 or 64 gb, you may get that faster because the higher gb is in lower demand (again...speculation).

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay thanks everyone. One last question if I do order through AT&T website and they ship it to me will already come turned on with my phone number or will I have to take it to a local store to get it activated?

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks everyone. One last question if I do order through AT&T website and they ship it to me will already come turned on with my phone number or will I have to take it to a local store to get it activated?

It will come with the sim in it and once it's powered on it will automatically activate

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Ah. Ok. Then my old phone will just stop getting my text and stuff so I can give it to my wife? Sorry for my dumb questions.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah. Ok. Then my old phone will just stop getting my text and stuff so I can give it to my wife? Sorry for my dumb questions.

You will still have to set your old phone to factory default before you hand it over to your wife. She will have to set up as new (if this is her first iPhone) or set up & restore from backup (if she already has an iPhone). Carrier may also change contract to iPhone data plan (if not already there). Best thing is for her to take it to carrier and have them set it up for her if this is new to both of you. You want to be sure your AppleID is not associated with her phone - b/c she will receive your imessages (not your texts). I learned this by giving 4s to a friend. I wiped it and reset to factory defaults, but the AppleID thing stock around until update to IOs 7.

Hope you both enjoy your new phones!

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much!! Great info. I just ordered my phone. Said it will ship by 10/8-10/17. About what I expected. No biggie. I can wait.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I think it's a crapshoot. Some people who ordered online in the first ten minutes for a gold are still waiting, while some people who ordered online on 5/21 are getting theirs depending on capacity.

This is just a guess, but it seems like Apple has the 32gb capacity of all 3 colors running at full tilt. 32gb is likely the highest in demand and also the most produced size, with production also favoring gold. Then being 16gb and last being 64gb. It's also dependent on device type, models for use with AT&T and Verizon are probably also the most produced. Those orders are being filled first.

The folks that will likely wait the longest are T-Mobile/unlocked folks. Given that these people just buy outright, it's also likely that 64gb is more popular but this is just a guess as buying off contract means you pay a lot more regardless of the size you pick. The logic of folks in this segment is "I may as well get the most spacious since I'm buying off contract". For all I know demand is equal across those capacities.

Sprint customers seem to be a gray area, not too many reports on people that order those, for that matter.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I ordered online through AT&T website last night. Email said estimated delivery of Oct 8 - Oct 17th. Got an email just now that my phone has shipped !!! Will be delivered Monday 9/30. Now that is fast!! I am so surprised.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I ordered online through AT&T website last night. Email said estimated delivery of Oct 8 - Oct 17th. Got an email just now that my phone has shipped !!! Will be delivered Monday 9/30. Now that is fast!! I am so surprised.

Congratulations :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy