Playlists of Podcasts?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I used to create playlists on my iPhone with podcasts in them. This was handy when going on a long drive or bike ride.
Now, when I try to create a playlist on the device, there is no way to add Podasts to it !!!

Any way to get this feature back?

Aloke

Last edited:

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Since switching over to ios 5 and not using iTunes for syncing podcasts are not manageable through the native apps. I was very surprised apple didn't give us a way to manage podcasts in 5.
Now with that being said, I'm kind of glad they didn't because it forced me to look at 3rd party apps to manage my podcasts. I found one I absolutely love (Downcast) and can't believe I went so long without using a 3rd party app to manage them. They add more functionality and make podcasts listening/watching so much better than the built in apple video player. One of my favorite features is the swipe to rrwd/ffwd x number of seconds.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Since switching over to ios 5 and not using iTunes for syncing podcasts are not manageable through the native apps. I was very surprised apple didn't give us a way to manage podcasts in 5.
Now with that being said, I'm kind of glad they didn't because it forced me to look at 3rd party apps to manage my podcasts. I found one I absolutely love (Downcast) and can't believe I went so long without using a 3rd party app to manage them. They add more functionality and make podcasts listening/watching so much better than the built in apple video player. One of my favorite features is the swipe to rrwd/ffwd x number of seconds.

On that note, I'm using Podcaster. It's pretty good, and the developer responds to emails.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for pointing out this app. It is probably the best app on my iPhone!! I can't think od a single flaw in the design, feature set and implementation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855