Help with Bluetooth Pairing

aimon

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 and my son got a new iPod Touch from Santa. I'm trying to pair the two via bluetooth. They both just sit there saying 'Now Discoverable'. My phone pairs up fine with the bluetooth in my car.

I'm sure I'm being stupid, but what I'm doing wrong. My phone is on 4.1, his iPod is on 4.2.1. Both are jailbroken.

Thanks.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Besides tethering (internet) and bluetooth enabled games (which will connect within the game itself), i do not believe there is any way to pair the devices together via bluetooth.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I found this a difficult concept to grasp, coming from the old days of Palm where you just beamed things back and forth. You'd think Apple would allow us to share things- addresses, photos, etc. via Bluetooth.

aimon

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Well...I guess at least it's nice to know I wasn't being stupid...about this anyway. It does seem ridiculous that you can't pair Apple to Apple. Thanks for the help!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it has alot to do with the fact that the iPhone/iPod can only use certain file types...and when sent via bluetooth, there is prob a some issue being able to distinguish what kind of file is being sent...meaning, someone could potentially send a corruption file to your iPhone or iPod touch, causing havoc via bluetooth and they prob just did away with the ability to prevent such.

I also find it rather ridiculous...

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I found this a difficult concept to grasp, coming from the old days of Palm where you just beamed things back and forth. You'd think Apple would allow us to share things- addresses, photos, etc. via Bluetooth.

You can share these items using the Bump app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl