iPhone 4 or iPhone 5? Both?

Should I get a iPhone 4, 5, or Both?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Kind of a stupid question, so flame if you wish but it won't bother me any :rolleyes: . Anyhoo, I had a iPhone 4, but had to return it due to some issues. I am thinking about getting another one, but then it occured to me that not long from now (well, next july) that another iPhone will be coming out. Should I get another iPhone 4? I really want another one, and kick myself everyday for returning it. Even if I do get a iPhone 4, I know I will end up getting the next iPhone. So my question is should I get a iPhone 4 now, wait for iPhone 5, or just get both (the option I plan on doing if I do decide to get a 4)?

RG13

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
well idk but for me the iphone 4 rocks so might as well get it now then when iphone 5 comes out sell the iphone 4 n get the 5 ? thats wut i did switch from iphone 3gs to iphone 4 n sold my 3gs then next year im do the same :D

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll just get both. I mean I have the coin, so why not. I just hope the iPhone 5 won't be another iPhone 3GS. I will die.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
Get the i4 now. It's awesome. When the i5 or whatever they call it comes out, it'll be awesomer, so get that too when it comes out.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
dont you wish you could sometimes lite spammers on fire?

i vote do the buy now and buy again later

life hacker came out with a great post on how to upgrade to the next iphone for free and even make a little profit and unlike our lovely friend wowrain up there this is just a guide on how to resell your iphone when the next one comes out and not a pityful attempt to lure people to a scam!

How to Upgrade to the Latest iPhone for Free

Last edited:

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
If you have the disposable income, get them both. The iPhone 4 was a definitely big upgrade over the 3GS (retina display, ram, etc.) so that is why i jumped from the 3G to the 4. I will wait and see if i feel the "5" will be worth the jump or lay low until "6" is released. and really, if you have no intention of keeping the old iphone, sell it. More than likely you will at LEAST break even after buying the new one.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
Here is my thought. What phone do you have now? If you have a 3gs and are reasonably happy with it, stick it out and wait for ip5. I have an ip4 (upgraded from 3g) and I love it, absolutely love it, but I am terrified I am going to break it. I was planning on skipping the 5 and waiting for the 6 initially, but if the 5 is more sturdy then I'm going to get that and retire the 4. It is gorgeous, but I am going to be devestated when I break it.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
Here is my thought. What phone do you have now? If you have a 3gs and are reasonably happy with it, stick it out and wait for ip5. I have an ip4 (upgraded from 3g) and I love it, absolutely love it, but I am terrified I am going to break it. I was planning on skipping the 5 and waiting for the 6 initially, but if the 5 is more sturdy then I'm going to get that and retire the 4. It is gorgeous, but I am going to be devestated when I break it.

I don't think i4 is any more fragile than previous iPhones. I already dropped mine on concrete, and although the metal band got a couple of scratches, it's still fine. Also, they say it's $29 to replace the back glass, so it won't empty your wallet if you do break the back. The front should be significantly tougher than previous iPhones though, so it's probably a wash.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I think I'll just get both. I mean I have the coin, so why not. I just hope the iPhone 5 won't be another iPhone 3GS. I will die.

+1 to that! My 2nd line is upgrade elidigable in March so around that time we should know rumors or see a lost protoype again lol. I'll make my decision at that time but I'm hoping for something different (other than just a fixed antenna).

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't think i4 is any more fragile than previous iPhones. I already dropped mine on concrete, and although the metal band got a couple of scratches, it's still fine. Also, they say it's $29 to replace the back glass, so it won't empty your wallet if you do break the back. The front should be significantly tougher than previous iPhones though, so it's probably a wash.

Woah, for real? I have a friend who dropped his ip4 and shattered the back glass on it, it was unusable in it's state, the shards of glass were literally falling off of it as he walked around. He got an otterbox for it to hold it together and prevent further damage. do you have any details on how to get that fixed for $29? thanks!

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I will definitely sell this i4 and get an i5 WHENEVER it comes out. If the reports are true, and its 10 months from now that will be great, I'll sell this one, pay my $200 UG fee and have some $ left over for new goodies for it. Get a new i4, then the i5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy