10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
ha

"The phone needs to be turned off and back on every couple days to let it re-acquire a clean signal and to clean out the mess it creates over time."

Sure sounds stable to me.

I've never had a phone I had to do this two every couple days (except Palm OS ones, which reset for you.).

Can't wait for the Sept 1.0.2 update.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
If there is one thing this 100 page thread has demonstrated, is that getting a dumb phone like the iPhone, where you cant really do anything to mess it up, is no guarantee of problem-free phone use.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
hec, i've got a brand new $550 HTC Sprint Mogul that can do everything you want it to do but it doesn't run very well. the battery life is poor. the screen resolution is average. memory management is poor, just had to reset the device as it couldn't even access the internet with 15mb remaining. the directional pad is small and poorly placed. loading web pages seems as fast as a device on EDGE. you can't see entire web pages. scroll bars are required as are a multitude of buttons. i could go on.

the nice thing about the dumb iPhone and Pearl is that i haven't had to worry about those things.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
ha

Guess you should stick to the "dumber" iPhone (more your speed) and avoid the "smarter" Mogul (which you can't seem to understand or figure out).

And that Pearl is in the back of you drawer gathering dust, so it doesn't really matter.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
what in god's name are you talking about? i've used plenty of WM devices and have a pretty good working knowledge of them. i use my Pearl everyday for work purposes. the Mogul no matter how capable it is has its faults and many on the forums seem to think so as well (battery/memory specific). i'm not putting down the device like you and your friends like to do regarding the iPhone, i'm simply speaking from my experience thus far.

you like to spout off, don't you.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
what in god's name are you talking about? i've used plenty of WM devices and have a pretty good working knowledge of them. i use my Pearl everyday for work purposes. the Mogul no matter how capable it is has its faults and many on the forums seem to think so as well (battery/memory specific). i'm not putting down the device like you and your friends like to do regarding the iPhone, i'm simply speaking from my experience thus far.

you like to spout off, don't you.

I must have confused you with mobileman re: the Pearl.

Happens so easily...

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Guess you should stick to the "dumber" iPhone (more your speed) and avoid the "smarter" Mogul (which you can't seem to understand or figure out).

And that Pearl is in the back of you drawer gathering dust, so it doesn't really matter.

You have now ventured into Surur territory with your iPhone obsession. I know, I know....you have tested it "extensively".....Please.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
denny

Denny,

Comparing me to surur..not sure if I am being complimented or not.

The more I use the iPhone, the more disappointed I am.

Next year and version 2,3, and 4 can't come soon enough.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Crane said something? I though he kept posting this over and over:

Denny Crane said:
This message is hidden because Denny Crane is on your ignore list.

I though he must be mad for posting the same meaningless line repeatedly.

Surur

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I almost feel sorry for this iPhone user.

- All the iphone mocking...

kimirike 08-05-2007 06:20 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the iphone mocking...

Is anyone else sick of people making fun of the iphone? Especially in the media?
It drives me nuts to see all these people saying stuff like 'It can do anything.' 'It's a Jesus phone.' etc. I mean it is a great device and yeah it's expensive but it can't really do everything! Every time I see stuff like that it just makes me think of the simple things it can't do. Like how I can't have my mp3's as ringtones, copy/paste, or how I can't get rid of the youtube icon on the home screen. I mean you see these parodies out there that say it can do it all, but it can't.

It's just a really awesome phone, arguably the coolest one on the market. And it makes me a bit bitter that it can't be all the things that people mockingly say it can. Dammit I wish my phone really was a JesusPhone. But it ain't.

So is anyone out there sick of hearing people make fun of the device especially when you're walking around with it in your pocket? or is it just me?
http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/general-discussion/all-the-iphone-mocking-8026.html

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
ha

Yes, it's the cross they bear for having the JPhone.

I think a better name would be the jfcPhone, for all the fun people are having.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
So the secret to iPhone happiness it to be an Apple fanboy? That figures...

- So what's the big deal about Apple?

blizzard 08-04-2007 06:51 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what's the big deal about Apple?

OK, I don't get it. I've heard for over a decade how fantastic Apple products are, how they never crash and are generally fool-proof. With integrated hardware and software, there can never be a problem.

Au Contraire!

My iPhone quit on the second day, phone tech support told me to go in and replace it. I made a 2 hour trip to the Apple Store. When I finally got up to the front of the line, I was told to reboot it, and everything would be fine. Fair enough, but why couldn't the phone tech tell me that? ANd why did it die. It has happened again.

Then, it quit receiving email. No reason. And when I re-entered the exact same settings, it stared again.

Now, it won't sync with Yahoo address book, after flawlessly connecting. An upgrade seems to be the catalyst, but it's still not working. When I sync, I have to click through a warning or the sync freezes.

Hey, I've seen this stuff before with 13 years of Windows. So just why do the fanatics think Apple is any better?

geordisjd 08-04-2007 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by blizzard (Post 72439)
OK, I don't get it. I've heard for over a decade how fantastic Apple products are, how they never crash and are generally fool-proof. With integrated hardware and software, there can never be a problem.

Au Contraire!

My iPhone quit on the second day, phone tech support told me to go in and replace it. I made a 2 hour trip to the Apple Store. When I finally got up to the front of the line, I was told to reboot it, and everything would be fine. Fair enough, but why couldn't the phone tech tell me that? ANd why did it die. It has happened again.

Then, it quit receiving email. No reason. And when I re-entered the exact same settings, it stared again.

Now, it won't sync with Yahoo address book, after flawlessly connecting. An upgrade seems to be the catalyst, but it's still not working. When I sync, I have to click through a warning or the sync freezes.

Hey, I've seen this stuff before with 13 years of Windows. So just why do the fanatics think Apple is any better?

I don't think your iPhone likes you. Somehow it knows. I've got 9 Macs, had 20+ over the years and 1 PC which is gathering dust in the basement near the laundry machine. My iPhone likes me. I know it. I feel it.:laugh2:
http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/general-discussion/so-whats-the-big-deal-about-apple-7986.html

Surur

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
The joke is that the people restarting their iPhone every day are worrying exactly about those things.

Surur

I have not restarted my iPhone in over 2 weeks. Surur if you actually have held an iPhone and tried it out, you would see that most of the problems you report here, are not common. However, I'm sure you wouldn't want the truth to get in the way of a good rant.

What's more lame, surur spending his weekend looking through the macrumors message board for negative iPhone posts, or mikec conducting iPhone sales research in his local mall? Close call.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
The only thing lame is your (mobileman) iPologist behavior.

And of course, no cut and paste. That takes the cake.

iPologist behavior? Please explain. Are you saying I have had to reset my iphone in the last two weeks? Do you really have an iPhone mikeC? I get the feeling you are iLying.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
of course he doesn't have an iPhone, nor a Mogul, or Pearl, but he likes to comment on them at will.

he's been undressed, and we laugh, like we have.

Certs

Mar 13, 2005
www.myspace.com
I certainly did not reset the phone once every 2 days. MAYBE once a week, but never felt I had to. Rumors going around now are that its bad for the phone.

Well, my iphone fell and broke the other day. Only speakerphone works. Can't wait to see what Apple tells me tomorrow....I don't have AppleCare so we'll see

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
yep

mobileman,

The shoe fits...

I have no idea how many resets you have had, and don't really care.

I never claimed to have an iPhone (that is your lie).

I have used one quite a bit, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4