Google Voice SMS: not receiving replies

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Wow, a lot has changed since I was a regular user of this forum! Anyway, hey all. Long time, not post.

So I've noticed just this weekend that starting Sunday 6/19, I didn't receive a single reply to any of my SMS's using GV. I tried both GV app, BiteSMS & GV extension from Cydia (where you send/receive sms via native iPhone messaging app). I could send fine. All of my recipients got the messages I sent. However, I received nothing.

I checked my SMS manually on-line and saw that I had indeed been sent replies. Then I checked my phone. They were all there, but none of them got pushed to my phone in the standard "hey, you've got a new message" type of alert.

I haven't changed any settings since everything was working just fine up until that point. No sense in trying to fix what isn't broken, am I right? So I'm just wondering if any other Google Voice users were experiencing anything similar? I'm not exactly sure what to do besides wait this out. Perhaps it's a Google issue?

Thanks gang!

Josh

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
well, it seems to be working this AM. i tried using BiteSMS again and it worked fine. i just deleted BiteSMS, reboot & reinstalled BiteSMS. not sure if that fixed it or if GV just unf**ked itself. :confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2