Submit with iOS 4.1 or upgrade to 4.2

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting ready to submit my App and I've been developing/testing on iOS 4.1.

I have a few more tests to run but I'm debating on updating my device to 4.2 (and also updating Xcode) and then submitting with 4.2.

One rule that I've lived by is that you don't change dev environments mid-stream or in my case at the very end of the dev cycle. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I know the update is minor but still...it's kind of scary to update when I'm days away at submitting.

Thanks

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm with you on this, not updating libraries, sdks, etc mid development cycle unless it's to address a bug you cannot otherwise workaround. I say finish it off, submit it, then branch off your source and see if you need to make any changes for 4.2.1

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you on this, not updating libraries, sdks, etc mid development cycle unless it's to address a bug you cannot otherwise workaround. I say finish it off, submit it, then branch off your source and see if you need to make any changes for 4.2.1

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I decided to submit with 4.1 and wait for the approval. Once that happens, I'll backup the project and move to 4.2. With the approval done I can safely migrate and work on any issues that popup with 4.2 and bugs/issues user's report when the app is released. This way even if 4.2 brings a lot of pain to the table (which I'm assuming it won't but you never know) at least my release wouldn't be held up by it...just push it all onto a future update.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI, I submitted my App with 4.1...it got approved. So I then went through the process of upgrading everything (iOS, Xcode, etc). Other than having to reset the Base SDK, the App compiled and ran fine in 4.2 (yay).

Still glad I went with 4.1 for submission...just never know what changing dev environments will do.

Oh and I hear 4.3 is coming (well the Beta is already here but I pass on Beta unless there is a must-use feature I need to implement). So I'll do this song and dance all over again soon...but at least my app is approved!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2