Which Do You Use Most, iPhone or iPad? And Why?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I only use my iPhone at this time. I don't have an iPad. But am thinking about one. Which do you spend more time on, and why?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Same as you. I'm thinking about it again. I had an iPad and then when I started using the galaxy Note and then iPhone 6 Plus I found I didn't use it as much. I want the 9.7" Pro but I haven't been able to justify the price.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I only use my iPhone at this time. I don't have an iPad. But am thinking about one. Which do you spend more time on, and why?
I think there are many pros to using both. For me, my phone is definitely the primary communicator. It's compact and portable and lasts the whole day. The iPad is great for gaming, watching movies, showing pictures to family, maybe even doing some drawing with the Apple pencil.

But if I need to type an E-mail to someone. If I'm wanting to make phone calls. If I'm looking to take photos, I'm definitely choosing my phone. (Don't be that guy with a 12.9" iPad taking photo) hahaha.

My sister loves her tablet and is happy using it as her daily driver so I think it depends on what you like most :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think there are many pros to using both. For me, my phone is definitely the primary communicator. It's compact and portable and lasts the whole day. The iPad is great for gaming, watching movies, showing pictures to family, maybe even doing some drawing with the Apple pencil.

But if I need to type an E-mail to someone. If I'm wanting to make phone calls. If I'm looking to take photos, I'm definitely choosing my phone. (Don't be that guy with a 12.9" iPad taking photo) hahaha.

My sister loves her tablet and is happy using it as her daily driver so I think it depends on what you like most :)

So with you it's pretty close to equal time?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is always with me and therefore, I use it the most. Having said that, I still use my iPad Pro quite a bit, especially when I'm at home watching tv or getting my car serviced, etc. still, my iPhone usage far exceeds that of my iPad Pro.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I use my iPhone most. I use my iPad with my hdmi dongle to watch Netflix. If I'm reading, I prefer the iPad to my phone. I'll also use my iPad for work, updating spreadsheets and what not. Even though I use my iPhone 99% of the time, I would still miss not having an iPad.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
About 50-50 here. iPhone for most emails, phone calls, text messages, photos and music. iPad for ProAV design work, several crossword/word find games, and movies.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I spend more time on my phone because it's always near. Sometimes after work it might be a few hours until I go upstairs for my iPad so that adds to my phone usage too.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Phone by far. iMessage, games, social media, etc. It's with me every day.

iPad for comic books and as a soundboard for a podcast. Sometimes Tapatalk and a few other things.

SABRIAN70

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Everything gets universal usage , I have an iPad Pro with keyboard and pencil for work at Verizon Corp. I send and receive faxes from it , I can sign documents use word , excel, and PowerPoint which people didn't think the iPad can but does . Bring to meetings .. I make all my greeting cards , flyers with the pages app.
Use my Apple Watch when I want to answer a quick call for convenience , love replying to a quick text with it . And I have an IPhone 7 plus for the camera take lots of photos and videos of my 2 1/2 year old daughter ...

Everything I have fits my work / life balance .

2 cents given... lol

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
So with you it's pretty close to equal time?
Not quite, I definitely use my phone way more than the iPad but what I'm trying to say is, there are positives to using either since they can accomplish different things. :) but, if I had to choose one, it would definitely be the iPhone. I can live without an iPad. It's not that crucial to my day to day activities. But it's really nice to game on and watch movies ect ect 😃

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess I use my iPhone more than my iPad. My iPad I use when I'm at work and sometimes when I'm at home but my iPhone is usually always with me so it's the one I use most.

Also my iPad is WiFi so I'd need to tether it to iPhone if I wasn't at home or work on the WiFi

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Depends on what I'm doing. When volunteering, I'm in the wilderness with a full pack on, I use my iPhone for pics, mapping, trail reports, plant & animal studies etc.

But right now I'm bedridden for a while so I'm on my iPad for everything.

When I'm healthy and normally active it's about a 50-50

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2