Why isn't the Haptic tap of a calendar event working?

I

iMore Question

Haptic tap of a calendar event not working

When a new event from my calendar appears on my watch, I do not receive a haptic tap even though under notifications I have custom, show alerts all checked.

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Haptic tap of a calendar event not working

When a new event from my calendar appears on my watch, I do not receive a haptic tap even though under notifications I have custom, show alerts all checked.

I had this happen to me when I first received my watch. I reset the watch and it fixed the issue.

sarijos

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

Hi,
I have tried resetting the watch a few times already. Everything else works except for the calendar haptic notification and even checked this out at the Genius Bar.

Any ideas?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Hi,
I have tried resetting the watch a few times already. Everything else works except for the calendar haptic notification and even checked this out at the Genius Bar.

Any ideas?

What did the Genius Bar say?

sarijos

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

They did the following:
1) Checked that the haptic was working
2) Verified the calendar and watch notification settings (see attached screen shots)
3) Ran a basic hardware test and everything was working as expected
4) They wanted to send it away for further tests but as I was leaving for overseas (not live in USA), approved a watch replacement.

I paired the new watch but the same issue is there. Any ideas?

Attachments

• calendar_settings.jpg
    calendar_settings.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 7
  • watch_setings.jpg
    watch_setings.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 7

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

That's definitely weird. And that's the only haptic that doesn't work? I don't use that function, maybe I should test it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Thought!

Was just setting up an event, and was wondering if your events were set up with the notification enabled?
7f278dc58dec8f48a32f2667187475d2.jpg

sarijos

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

if i set an alert and the sound is turned on for notifications as well as on the watch, then it will ping just fine.

when i mute the watch, no haptic .....

can someone check their settings and let me know if i am missing anything?

sarijos

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site

I tried with your settings but no improvement. Could it be a software issue on the iPhone side with the calendar?

My calendar is connected to my work exchange server.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I tried with your settings but no improvement. Could it be a software issue on the iPhone side with the calendar?

My calendar is connected to my work exchange server.

I had my exchange calendars alert today. I had them set for 15 minute reminder and it worked. Did you have reminders set for the events or were they set at none?

sarijos

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
Just a quick update .... It's working :)

1) You have to set a Vibrate sound for the calendar event as the haptic needs this setting (just for the calendar watch option).
2) In the Sound settings both my "Vibrate on ring" and Vibrate on silent" are turned off
3) There is a default vibrate style chosen

Cheers for all the help,

Gary

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
Just a quick update .... It's working :)

1) You have to set a Vibrate sound for the calendar event as the haptic needs this setting (just for the calendar watch option).
2) In the Sound settings both my "Vibrate on ring" and Vibrate on silent" are turned off
3) There is a default vibrate style chosen

Cheers for all the help,

Gary

Glad you got it figured out!

JeffCollier

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
For the benefit of future readers, I experienced the same maddening symptoms as @sarijos. Here is my solution which I believe is what @sarijos meant by #1:
- iPhone
- Settings (the regular app, not the Watch app / Settings)
- Sounds & Haptics
- Calendar Alerts
- (I had Vibration set to Default, but I had Alert Tones set to None)
- Alert Tones
- Select anything (I selected Chord which is the default)

Khechog

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi from 2019:) I can echo the solutions of Jeff and the op, except in my experience the essential settings were ‘vibrate on silent’ and to choose any vibrate style for calendar alerts in the phone’s ‘sounds and haptics’ settings. Neither ‘vibrate on ring’ or choosing an alert tone from within the calendar alerts were necessary. Thanks for the help guys.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl