Apple vs Samsung - satisfaction vs loyalty

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I am not really surprised by those findings. When the iPhone first came out many people either couldn't afford it or they didn't have AT&T service so they couldn't get it. Therefore they went with an Android phone (often as a free upgrade) offered through there carrier. After years of using Android they are just used to it. I think there loyalty to Samsung has less to do with the company itself and more to do with just being used to android.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I am not really surprised by those findings. When the iPhone first came out many people either couldn't afford it or they didn't have AT&T service so they couldn't get it. Therefore they went with an Android phone (often as a free upgrade) offered through there carrier. After years of using Android they are just used to it. I think there loyalty to Samsung has less to do with the company itself and more to do with just being used to android.

I really dislike how people who own iPhone try to insinuate that people who own android devices are somehow "poor" and "can't afford" and iPhone...

I had the Note 4 AND iPhone 6+ and now have 64GB iPhone 6 and 64GB S6 Galaxy Edge and love both.
I hate it that people can't like both. Somewhere people went stupid and feel like they have to hate "the other brand" because they feel like they need to be loyal to a name brand.
It's like you can't like a Chevy because you bought a Ford. You can't like Reebok because you own Nike....
Because I bought an iMac, I can't like windows ? that's just Dumb.

Last edited:

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I would like to point out that numbers can be skewed just about anyway someone desires. . . . Also, Apple and Android fans tend to be stubborn.

Example: I had a coworker that kept purchasing Samsung phones and saying how good they were. At the same time, he was complaining every day about his phone. . . . Guess what phone he has now?

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I really dislike how people who own iPhone try to insinuate that people who own android devices are somehow "poor" and "can't afford" and iPhone...

I had the Note 4 AND iPhone 6+ and now have 64GB iPhone 6 and 64GB S6 Galaxy Edge and love both.
I hate it that people can't like both. Somewhere people went stupid and feel like they have to hate "they other brand" because they feel like they need to be loyal to a name brand.
It's like you can't like a Chevy because you bought a Ford. You can't like Reebok because you own Nike....

U are absolutely correct, I own the Note 4 & the 6+. I used the Note 4 as a daily driver before I switching to IOS. I've heard it all from being called a fanboy to being called poor. I get plenty of good laughs & learned to just brush it off. It's more important things in life.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Ehh. I buy what works for me at the time. If that changes I will buy something else. I see no reason to be loyal to these multi billion dollar companies.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I hate it that people can't like both. Somewhere people went stupid and feel like they have to hate "the other brand" because they feel like they need to be loyal to a name brand.

I agree. I love my Note 4. I prefer my iPhone but I really enjoy my Note.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I like my iPhone and my Android. Also like my Windows phone and BlackBerry too.

For a phone, I prefer my iPhone. For a media and video player, my Android. I like my Windows phone and BlackBerry because I'm constantly modding them.

Honestly, I think people should just use what they want. If it means being loyal to one company, sure. Same for if it includes many.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There are always going the people out there who sees things through a monetary or class-like prism. That is why we have Toyota and Lexus, Nissan and Infinity, Volkswagon and Mercedes, Honda and Acura, etcetera. When we think of quality material, we often think of something more expensive. Those who can afford the expense are likely to buy it in comparison to those who cannot. There was no subsidy associated with the original iPhone so unless you had $600 to fork over, you didn't get it. That, in my opinion, led to some of the class warfare between the iPhone and Android, in particular. It's quite silly when you consider all of the people who fall into the category of buying a product that best suits their needs, whether the iPhone or an Android device. Anyway, in regard to satisfaction vs loyalty, I fall into the satisfied category.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
There are always going the people out there who sees things through a monetary or class-like prism. That is why we have Toyota and Lexus, Nissan and Infinity, Volkswagon and Mercedes, Honda and Acura, etcetera. When we think of quality material, we often think of something more expensive. Those who can afford the expense are likely to buy it in comparison to those who cannot. There was no subsidy associated with the original iPhone so unless you had $600 to fork over, you didn't get it. That, in my opinion, led to some of the class warfare between the iPhone and Android, in particular. It's quite silly when you consider all of the people who fall into the category of buying a product that best suits their needs, whether the iPhone or an Android device. Anyway, in regard to satisfaction vs loyalty, I fall into the satisfied category.

The car analogy doesn't work here.
sorry, but are you trying to say that my 64GB S6 Edge that cost $914 before taxes is the Toyota and your $649 iPhone is a Lexus?
Wrong.... and when it comes to subsidized, they are all the same price. $199 etc on 2 year contract.
The first iPhone was a complete rip off. there was like 6-8 apps installed, there was no app store when it came out, people who bought it for $600 just bought it to show off that they had something their friend didn't have.
People that passed on the iPhone 1, wasn't because they were poor, it was because in 2007, I thought paying $30 more a month to get on the internet remotely was idiotic. I owned my own business at the time and could have bought 10 of them.
But I thought paying $30 per phone, per month was stupid. Now it's the normal. back then it was not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
sorry, but are you trying to say that my 64GB S6 Edge that cost $914 before taxes is the Toyota and your $649 iPhone is a Lexus?
No. My automobile analogy was to reiterate my comment about there always being people who'll look at things through a monetary or class-like prism.
Wrong.... and when it comes to subsidized, they are all the same price. $199 etc on 2 year contract.
When I mentioned "subsidy", it was in reference to there NOT being one when the original iPhone was introduced.
The first iPhone was a complete rip off. there was like 6-8 apps installed, there was no app store when it came out,
Okay
people who bought it for $600 just bought it to show off that they had something their friend didn't have.
That statement mirrors the point I was trying to make with my entire previous reply.
People that passed on the iPhone 1, wasn't because they were poor,
I never said they were. I said, "unless you had $600 to fork over, you didn't get it." Besides, being "poor" does not always equate to affordability. I am by no means poor, but I cannot afford a $10 million dollar home.
it was because in 2007, I thought paying $30 more a month to get on the internet remotely was idiotic. I owned my own business at the time and could have bought 10 of them.
Okay
But I thought paying $30 per phone, per month was stupid. Now it's the normal. back then it was not.
Okay.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The first iPhone was a complete rip off. there was like 6-8 apps installed, there was no app store when it came out, people who bought it for $600 just bought it to show off that they had something their friend didn't have.
People that passed on the iPhone 1, wasn't because they were poor, it was because in 2007, I thought paying $30 more a month to get on the internet remotely was idiotic. I owned my own business at the time and could have bought 10 of them.

lol...I love your apples to oranges comparisons. Let me know where I can get an unsubsidized 64gb iPhone 6/6 Plus for $649 instead of the $900 and some odd dollar price I paid (for my 6 Plus 64GB) and I'll go buy a pallet full.

You also have a really weird idea that your opinion of something equates to a factual scenario...the first iPhone was far from a "rip off", and I know I didn't buy it because I wanted to show it off to my friends, I bought it because I liked the way my iPod worked at the time, and loved my Macbook, so I figured the iPhone would offer a similar experience with a phone (which it did).

It's funny to me that you were clamoring on and on about how iPhone people always ASSUME android phone owners are "too poor" to own an iPhone, and that it's not a fair assessment...yet here you are, doing EXACTLY what you're saying in unfair and wrong in your posts, lol! You like to apply your own thoughts and opinions to the entire spectrum of people who either did or did not do something, and that makes me laugh (even harder seeing your original complaint here, lol!)

In the end, it's always stupid to assume someone's abilities or intentions...no matter what side of the fence you're on. It's always asinine to pretend like your own personal habits, preferences and choices are applicable to any other person on the planet.

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

I agree and the car analogy is a great example

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Your statement is simply not true.
Myself and plenty others bought the first iPhone because how it could sync with a Mac. It had nothing to do with what friends had or didn't have.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I got my first iPhone for the firm factor, iTunes, and the browser.
Totally satisfied ever since.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Where did he say anything even close to that?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Your statement is simply not true.
Myself and plenty others bought the first iPhone because how it could sync with a Mac. It had nothing to do with what friends had or didn't have.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Wellllll......hang on here, there is something to the scenario that you get a phone because of what your friends have.

But it's not out senseless consumerism or flowing a crowd. I'm thinking of iMessage, Family Sharing, FaceTime.

In the days when Blackberry was king it was because of BBM.

So it is true that people might get what their friends have and not for the usual troll comment about iSheep. It's networking within a group with platform tools.

True with the first iPhone these tools were not available and the adventurous crowd wanted to try it because it was so different. For me the main thing was getting on the web without the painful Blackberry browser. And iTunes. Loved, and love, the ease of iTunes.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I had huge issues with Apple following IOS7, however Apple never forced an update on me.
Samsung did.
I bought the phone, it was mine, they had no right to force the Kitkat update on my Note 3.
It destroyed my Note 3 and then when I contacted their CS department, they started serving me a song and dance about how there was nothing they could do but that if I had insurance, maybe Verizon could give me a used one as a replacement.

So I got a free Blackberry Q10 with a 2 year contract (before that I was off contract at Verizon), which I would have stayed with had Blackberry not given up on native apps and become Android's doormat. (I also recently found out that they're shacking up with Samsung. Eww)
But nevermind about that.

I went back to Apple and I couldn't be happier:
They've been with me every step of the way, answered all my questions, helped me with the occasional glitch I couldn't fix by asking here, so whatever happened with IOS7 seems to have been properly addressed and fixed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2