Getting Apple Care + later

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I am planning to get the iPhone 5S online tomorrow hopefully, I live abroad and was planning to get it through Apple.com (I will handle the shipping). Since the warranty is not international I will have to get Apple Care + since I only come to the US twice or once a year. So lets say If I have an issue with my device in April, I won't be able to come to the uS before summer for example. So I wanted to extend my warranty to two years to cover everything.

I was planning to get the iPhone tomorrow, then Apple Care + by the start of October, but Apple website said that an expert will need to investigate it first to make sure it has no damage. Does this mean I have to pay a visit to the store, and since I can't I will have to order it the same time with the device?

Thanks in advance.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am planning to get the iPhone 5S online tomorrow hopefully, I live abroad and was planning to get it through Apple.com (I will handle the shipping). Since the warranty is not international I will have to get Apple Care + since I only come to the US twice or once a year. So lets say If I have an issue with my device in April, I won't be able to come to the uS before summer for example. So I wanted to extend my warranty to two years to cover everything.

I was planning to get the iPhone tomorrow, then Apple Care + by the start of October, but Apple website said that an expert will need to investigate it first to make sure it has no damage. Does this mean I have to pay a visit to the store, and since I can't I will have to order it the same time with the device?

Thanks in advance.

You have 30 days from date of purchase to get the AppleCare +. If you don’t get it at the time you purchase the phone, Apple may want to inspect the phone before selling it to you. So, yes, you MAY be required to visit an Apple Store Genius Bar.

The only exception to this is when you are not offered a chance to get AC+ at the time of purchase.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
You have 30 days from date of purchase to get the AppleCare +. If you don?t get it at the time you purchase the phone, Apple may want to inspect the phone before selling it to you. So, yes, you MAY be required to visit an Apple Store Genius Bar.

The only exception to this is when you are not offered a chance to get AC+ at the time of purchase.

But if I didn't get it with the device there is no way I can get it online (through an official source not eBay) as a digital product not physical even if within the first 30 days. Right?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
But if I didn't get it with the device there is no way I can get it online (through an official source not eBay) as a digital product not physical even if within the first 30 days. Right?

I don’t think I ever got a "physical product"... just an email saying that I had coverage. Regarding the inspection, it’s totally Apple's call, but historically, no.