iWork? Does Anyone Care?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
They said that anyone updating to iOS 7 will be eligible didn't they? There will be a pop up with a code to download it.

No. They specifically mentioned "any new device". And it’s not an issue to me, as I already have all but Numbers and Keynote on my iOS devices... not sure I will be creating any presentations on my phone...

BTW, did anyone notice Tim Cook's gaff in the keynote? Check out the video at the 17:19 mark where Cook called Pages "the most beautiful spreadsheet ever written for a mobile device". Clearly he confused Pages and Numbers...

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I own all those freebies so it's not a big deal to me. None are installed but the Pages app. That could change if I get a Mac but don't have a use for them.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I followed the link and know that my 4s is compatible, but said nothing about iWork. It says devices activated after September 1st. I wonder if I can wipe my phone after 7 install and get the apps. Technically the iPhone activates after a wipe, not a new activation, maybe just an activation with AT&T but its still worth a shot.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I followed the link and know that my 4s is compatible, but said nothing about iWork. It says devices activated after September 1st. I wonder if I can wipe my phone after 7 install and get the apps. Technically the iPhone activates after a wipe, not a new activation, maybe just an activation with AT&T but its still worth a shot.

I tried it with my iPad last night (it is after September 1), and it was a no go. YMMV.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
They said that anyone updating to iOS 7 will be eligible didn't they? There will be a pop up with a code to download it.
There will be no code or pop up per se on IOS 7. When you buy a NEW device i.e. 5S and you are setting it up you will get a screen which aI have posted that will tell you to Download all with the click of one button along with iPhoto/ iMovie. This certainly has to excite many who have not used it or would not buy these apps previous.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Duh. New devices. I get that. I don't dispute that. What is at issue is if you get a new device, get the app(s) and they are in your iTunes library, can these apps downloaded for free be also installed on other devices under the same AppleID.
Well I suppose since you wish to be condesending to me when I am trying to help the best I can I am sure you will find your answer and as always I apologize for trying to assist everyone including someone who i am suppose to be working along side.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No. They specifically mentioned "any new device". And it’s not an issue to me, as I already have all but Numbers and Keynote on my iOS devices... not sure I will be creating any presentations on my phone...

BTW, did anyone notice Tim Cook's gaff in the keynote? Check out the video at the 17:19 mark where Cook called Pages "the most beautiful spreadsheet ever written for a mobile device". Clearly he confused Pages and Numbers...

I did notice that and why I started it at 17:14. I guess even Tim Cook is entitled to a blunder :)

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

This is what I am hoping for as well, so I can update my iPad Mini to IOS7 and get iWork... but if it's only for "NEW" devices... that would suck.

smccloud

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I would love to get iWork on my phone. Just because at some time in the future I plan to get an Apple laptop and would like to not have to use Google Docs on both.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I have used keynote to cobble together simple yet surprisingly decent looking presentations on my iphone. Never tried numbers (use mostly google drive for updating work-related spreadsheets). I think they are better used on a tablet, and would be a nice little bonus for any schools or organisations looking to use them in their teaching.

HurricaneTracker

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the iPhone 5s yesterday and received the entire iWork suite for free as promised. My wife and I share the same ID for purchases (we each have our own Apple ID for iCloud). After I installed the iWork suite, the apps showed up in my "purchased" section of the AppStore. Once there, she was able to download them at no charge to her iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.4. Thanks Apple!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2