Is Apple?s marketing approach adequate?

Is Apple?s Marketing Adequate

• Apple needs to up their game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
So Samsung is going all out with its not so subtle iPhone comparisons, playing on the fact that its phones offer more "features" than iPhones.

Nokia/MSFT went out claiming Samsung and Apple fans are silly and smarter people should just choose the Lumia.

Microsoft went on to show that their Surface is more useful than an iPad (missing the point of tablet computing entirely in my opinion.

Safe to say Apple is object of attention in most ads these days, and not to put them in a good light.

Meanwhile Apple comes out with two rather subdued but "touching" ads (for lack of a better description) reminding us and potential users, that the iPhone is a good choice for the things we do. I rather like them. I am glad they didn?t go on the direct mine is better than yours train. A non fanatic friend of mine, sent me a message this morning saying he loved his iPhone more after seeing those ads. Apple also got some free publicity when the entire US congress practically professed their love for the company.

Question:
Should Apple be more aggressive with its marketing, as its competitors are, or should they continue in the rather passive approach? What do you think?

maryjane2300

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I would personally like to see them take the higher more classier road because I think that's what apple is suppose to stand for. That's just my .02

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a problem with their commercials. But they can be dull at times. That's why I like the Samsung commercials because they are funny.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I like Apple's ads, but I also like ads that bash the competition. I wouldn't mind if every now & then Apple made a commercial that laid the smack down on the competition.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I like comical advertising. I enjoy Samsung's commercials. That said, I don't
find it would be useful for Apple to engage in the same type of advertising.
Forget the competition. Here's what our product can do for you. Speaks
volumes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple's ads are adequate, in my opinion, and when the newest iPhone is released, they are going to get exposure via the press, radio and television news, tech blogs & websites as well as via word of mouth. That's almost etched in stone...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Every other Smart Phone Company can take all the shots they want at Apple but the bottom line is it is not just to consider iPhone but when you consider Apple as a whole company and their entire product line there is only one word IMO to describe them....Iconic!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Apple makes its own unique commercials. Every other phone company makes commercials targeting Apple. I think that about explains it.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Sarcasm Detector

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
You guys seem to be forgetting all the Mac vs PC ads from a few years ago.

So Samsung is bashing Apple and Nokia is bashing both Samsung and Apple; it's not like Apple has never done the same in the past...

This is the same as the classic Coke vs Pepsi commercials: they take pot shots at each other but never mention the other 60 or companies that make cola.

Also BlackBerry commercials never mention any other phone company... They just show people doing stuff.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
People bash apple because they hold the #1 spot. Anyone that holds that top spot is subject to bashing even on little useless things just to be able to win a stupid comparison battle.

Apple does not need to start bashing because they are at the top and they made it there with very minimal bashing. If they dirty the waters now it could be a bad idea.

Once the crown is taken away from them as #1 thets when they can start a bashing campaign.

I personally am not an apple fan but a lover of all technology I understand that "most" people that switch to an iphone want a phone that needs minimal maintenance. That's what they're known for and as long as they keep that they will retain their customer base IMO

Sent from my game boy color

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77