Why can't I connect to Game Center?

I

iMore Question

can't connect to Game Centre

The Game Center is "unable to load data due to network connectivity issues or errors". My internet is fine: all other apps that do not rely on the Game Center work, as does my browser and other online functions. Closing the Game Center app and then reopening it is ineffective. This issue has gone on for a week now. The "turn it off then back on again, refresh the system, delete something to free up the space, etc etc" that are the basic first suggestions for trouble shooting have not solved the issue. Games which can be linked to the Game Center to connect with friends simply fail to link. I cannot play games with friends unless the app can also link to Facebook and connect to friends from there.
When I open the Game Center, I see the bubbles float gently. Clicking on Games, or Friends or Challenges results in a message "unable to load data due to network connectivity issues or errors". the Game Center is completely unresponsive and this problem began with no warning .
Searching the net I have found numerous people having the same problem, but not a single solution. Can someone please help.
Elena+K

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you find a fix for this? I'm having same issue.

The OP is most likely not a member here and is long gone. Reboot your wifi modem /Router. Try signing out of Game Center. Then do a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Then sign back in to Game Center.

Let us know if it works or not.

stormy2u

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
The OP is most likely not a member here and is long gone. Reboot your wifi modem /Router. Try signing out of Game Center. Then do a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Then sign back in to Game Center.

Let us know if it works or not.

I'm having the same problem with Game Center. I tried your advice but it didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77