Both Fitbit and Apple Watch ?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
When I got my Apple Watch I gave my Fitbit to my daughter. Does anyone use BOTH and why? I couldn't see myself switching back and forth and wanted data all in one spot.

I do think the Fitbit is better for its intended purpose than the SS Apple Watch but since putting on my winter body to stay warm I have not had to test it out. ;)

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
When I got my Apple Watch I gave my Fitbit to my daughter. Does anyone use BOTH and why? I couldn't see myself switching back and forth and wanted data all in one spot.

I do think the Fitbit is better for its intended purpose than the SS Apple Watch but since putting on my winter body to stay warm I have not had to test it out. ;)

Yeah, I use Fitbit at times with the Apple Watch, I also use the Jawbone UP3. Not at the same time of course. Fitbits app is better for than the Apple watch alone imo however the Jawbone UP3 while lacking a web interface has far and away the best app interface of the three. Jawbone has automatic sleep tracking now and is head and shoulders above Fitbit for sleep tracking. But the one constant is my Apple watch, the others are worn on my other arm!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah I forgot about the auto sleep tracking on the Charge vs the Flex. Never really used it though it was fun to see sometimes how I did. I don't wear the Apple Watch to bed at all.

Maybe I get one of the smaller clip on versions when it's time to do more exercise (it's been time, but I've been busy ) #excuses

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I use both. I have the Surge and the One. The Surge is getting less and less use but the One is still clipped to my pocket most of the time. I like the social aspects Fitbit offers. I suspect I'll ditch the Fitbit eventually but not quite yet. I, too, like fitbit's interface better.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I use both. I have the Surge and the One. The Surge is getting less and less use but the One is still clipped to my pocket most of the time. I like the social aspects Fitbit offers. I suspect I'll ditch the Fitbit eventually but not quite yet. I, too, like fitbit's interface better.

The social part is fun, and I do miss the challenges. Hmm...

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The social part is fun, and I do miss the challenges. Hmm...

Ordered a One today. Same day shipping from Amazon will have it here tonight. I still have a Flex but don't want something else on my wrist with my Apple Watch and I don't like it on the other wrist. :) I also like that the One tracks stairs.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I was an avid Fitbit user for a long time. I owned all of them up to the Surge, that was my last. I then switched to Garmin devices because the minimal notification support on the Fitbits did not do it for me. The Garmin devices were great and I wore that until the Watch came out. Then i continued to wear the Garmin Vivosmart at night to track sleep and as my silent alarm. That was until watchOS2 came out. I now am a one device guy. I use Sleep++ and Sleep Pulse, depending on my level of sleep detail I want and use the Watch as my silent alarm.

I used to be all over the tracking of steps, but that is an incredibly poor measure of activity. You can walk 5 miles at an absurdly slow pace and get 10k steps but not increase your heart rate one bit.

I track activity and the Watch watch does a great job of that. I will not go back to wearing multiple devices again and am looking forward to Watch 2 and what that brings :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I used to be all over the tracking of steps, but that is an incredibly poor measure of activity. You can walk 5 miles at an absurdly slow pace and get 10k steps but not increase your heart rate one bit.

You're the exercise guru around here and I believe you. I know on days I work from home my steps may be 4,000 vs at least twice that for days in the office. That has to count for something :) At least showing more movement vs. being sedentary.

For me I like to fill the other parts too. Water intake, active minutes, etc. not just the steps for the reason you mentioned. When I got the Charge HR I started walking up the stairs to the office on the 6th floor to get those badges. Being able to see how my friends are doing is good too.

Hopefully Apple comes up with something more "social" as I know there are others who are missing that.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a One today. Same day shipping from Amazon will have it here tonight. I still have a Flex but don't want something else on my wrist with my Apple Watch and I don't like it on the other wrist. :) I also like that the One tracks stairs.

Got the One and will have to get used to clipping it somewhere vs on the wrist but thanks to Fitbit's software I can switch back and forth between the Flex and One when I want/need and it will handle it.

Here's hoping for a good day :)

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use my Fitbits still along with Apple Watch. I just love the integration Fitbit has and their apps get me with badges. I am a diehard Fitbit user.

Same here. I will probably end up selling my Surge soon and just use the One along with the AW. I keep the Fitbit purely for social integration and since AW only works with iPhones users, and I know next to no one with an AW, I don't foresee getting rid of the Fitbit anytime soon. But I do agree that steps alone don't indicate activity level. There are other factors, and Apple has done a good job of showing that.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I will probably end up selling my Surge soon and just use the One along with the AW. I keep the Fitbit purely for social integration and since AW only works with iPhones users, and I know next to no one with an AW, I don't foresee getting rid of the Fitbit anytime soon. But I do agree that steps alone don't indicate activity level. There are other factors, and Apple has done a good job of showing that.

I've been using the One for a week now and it's not as convenient to clip as it is to wear on your wrist (Flex, Charge, etc.) but it'll do since I don't want another wrist device/wearable.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the One for a week now and it's not as convenient to clip as it is to wear on your wrist (Flex, Charge, etc.) but it'll do since I don't want another wrist device/wearable.

Yea for sure. You have limited wrist real estate. :)
I've gotten used to it. Everyone thinks I'm carrying a pager in my pocket.

I have found the One to be good to use when I'm at tae kwon do because they often make me take off my watches when sparring but I can clip the One under my uniform. :)

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple Watch Left Wrist.

FitBit Charge HR Right Wrist.

Since I wear my Fitbit Surge to bed for sleep tracking, there have been days when I've had the Surge on one wrist and the AW on the other during my morning runs/workouts. I have been comparing the fitness stats between the two to see how close they are. Getting tired of it so will probably go entirely with the One soon and sell the Surge.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm back to using both myself. Got a like new Charge HR on Sunday afternoon. My primary reason for getting the Watch was for the fitness aspect but I've personally found that it doesn't compare to Fitbit as that's what those guys do. I still love the Apple Watch though as a Smart watch ONLY!

Steve Adams

Banned
May 26, 2016
Visit site
I just found my flex charger and I am setting it up now. When I get my apple watch...I will still use the flex. Can you sync both to your phone at the same time?

ifudidnt

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
You guys can just download sync solver. It syncs the Apple Watch steps to your Fitbit and you're able to compete in Fitbit challenges..