Easy way to update Twitter location manually?

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Seems like there should be an easy iPhone equivalent of going to my Twitter profile settings, typing in a new location, and having it set. I can't find it. The Twitter apps are too specific, and I don't want to tweet from a street address, and if I have Brightkite update with each checkin then I can appear to be tweeting from "Wal-Mart" for days at a time. I use the "search nearby" function more than I use Brightkite anyway, so I would like a way to type in my location without having to fight with Brightkite over which location to display in Twitter (BK leaves out states, which is irritating...).

In short, does anyone know of an app that will just update your Twitter location as you specify? Sparrow looks like it kind of does that with FireEagle, which I don't use. But that's the idea. Type the location into a box and have that be my Twitter location. Thanks for any ideas!

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Never mind. Right after I posted, I remembered the miracle of Brightkite privacy settings...I can have it update but only on the city level for people who aren't friends, and that way it works. whew.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77