Facebook Messenger notification bug?

anon(9226130)

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
When I get a message on Facebook the Messenger app rings and the notification is disappearing from the lockscreen, and it's very annoying. I reinstalled the app but it didn't fixed the problem. iOS 9.3.1, iPhone 5S

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Facebook and it messenger alway have issues in my iPhone as well, despite the fact that they push out updates every 2 weeks. You can report it in the feedback section in Apps store, maybe they will fix the issue in the next update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Isn't that what it's supposed to do? Not sure I understand the problem. What do you want it to do? You can enable it in the Notification Center as well. So if you miss it on the lock screen, you can pull the notification center down.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1. Update to iOS 9.3.2.
2. Delete Facebook Messenger
3. Do a hard reset
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
4. Reinstall Messenger and be sure notifications are set as desired in Settings.

Croyde8

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Same with me. Reported it in the hope they will fix it in the next update. In the meantime I've done the delete, hard reset and reinstall. Time will tell if it works! Running iOS 9.3.2