Has anybody used the tethering plan?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am thinking of switching to the tethering plan on my 4S so I can get wifi for my iPad and MacBook anywhere I go. I am concerned about how much of a drain it will put on the iPhone battery when in use. Does anybody have any experience using the tethering plan? Please tell if you do.

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the 5GB Data Pro plan. What are you looking on using your tethering for? Movies or mainly internet browsing? I just connect my phone to my MacBook when tethering so I don't drain my battery. I'm only 5 days into the plan and at 650mb of 5 so far and have done bout 3 hours of tetheriing. And I'm always on my iPhone, facebook, youtube, iMessage, and browsing.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the 5GB Data Pro plan. What are you looking on using your tethering for? Movies or mainly internet browsing? I just connect my phone to my MacBook when tethering so I don't drain my battery. I'm only 5 days into the plan and at 650mb of 5 so far and have done bout 3 hours of tetheriing. And I'm always on my iPhone, facebook, youtube, iMessage, and browsing.

I actually switched from the unlimted to the 5GB tethering plan. I got warned at 2GB about getting throttled. Screw that. I'm mostly looking to tether to my iPad wifi and then sometimes to MacBook Pro. I only tried it out for 20 mins today so far on my lunch break at work. Tethering worked great. Thanks for your input.

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah with the 4S you can get great data speeds bout 4-6mbps down so everything is fast even browsing and YouTube. Glad you liked it and switched.

Reactions: Garz