Question about upgrading?

Airbrushkid

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Well first off I notice that At&t change my eligibility from 12/24/2010 to 8/24/2010 now it has changed again to I can buy the phone right now when the new one is released.

My question is if my contract was up in 12/24/2010 and they just change my eligibility to now if I buy the new iPhone 4G now with a new contract. What happens to my old contract?

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
jellotime,

what causes AT&T to change upgrade dates? usage?

thanks

A desire to sell as many of the iPhone4 as they possibly can. By changing the upgrade date for everyone, that makes it much easier for everybody to upgrade to the new iPhone.

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
So they just add the two years on to the remaining contract I have now. Thank you.

wrong. They add (2) years from the date you walk out with a brand new phone. TECHNICALLY your contract is still through december. AT&T just decided to terminate it early in lieu of a new one.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
No one really knows the exact formula for how AT&T determines your upgrade date, but there are some general rules of thumb. It depends on how much you spend per month, if you pay on time, and perhaps customer loyalty (just my guess).

I also believe (and others) that AT&T is doing this to keep more people with them once they lose exclusivity and can bump everyone that renews to the new $325 ETF.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77