Do you forgive AT&T now that MMS is finally coming?

Have you forgiven AT&T?

• Yes

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Jury is still out...

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Title says it all... are you still holding a grudge against AT&T or have you been kind enough to forgive and forget?

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Never really carried a grudge, just didn't use it. My wife has an iphone, also, so emails worked fine. Most people I know don't use MMS either, as they don't pay for messaging.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Like Jevangil, I don't really have a grudge to "forgive" them for. I think it was short sighted of them to not have it with the release of OS 3.0, but that's big business moving slowly for you.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No I don't forgive them. They should of had it ready for 3.0 and when 3.0 is released AT&T acts all clueless.:confused::eek:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Title says it all... are you still holding a grudge against AT&T or have you been kind enough to forgive and forget?
This is not about MMS, per se. Rather it is about AT&T discriminating among customers based upon the phone that they chose. Not only has that not changed, it shows little chance that it will.

I felt the same way when Palm discriminated among customers based upon the carriers that they chose.

I do not like "exclusive agreements" between phone vendors and carriers. I do not like SIMlocking. At some price, I should be able to use any phone that I like on any carrier that I like. Then it should be up to me to decide whether or not I am willing to pay that price.

I think that this kind of discrimination is bad business practice and I intend to keep saying so whenever I see it.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This is not about MMS, per se. Rather it is about AT&T discriminating among customers based upon the phone that they chose. Not only has that not changed, it shows little chance that it will.

I felt the same way when Palm discriminated among customers based upon the carriers that they chose.

I do not like "exclusive agreements" between phone vendors and carriers. I do not like SIMlocking. At some price, I should be able to use any phone that I like on any carrier that I like. Then it should be up to me to decide whether or not I am willing to pay that price.

I think that this kind of discrimination is bad business practice and I intend to keep saying so whenever I see it.

The lack of MMS was just one thing that angered AT&T customers and for some it was the only thing that angered them. So with it finally coming, thought it would be a good idea for those who actually did hold a grudge due to MMS. Or lack there of.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The lack of MMS was just one thing that angered AT&T customers and for some it was the only thing that angered them. So with it finally coming, thought it would be a good idea for those who actually did hold a grudge due to MMS. Or lack there of.

Perhaps. However, I hope that their customers do not give AT&T too much credit for undoing late what they should never have done in the first place.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I never had a grudge against AT&T. Never used MMS before. It will be nice that now I don't have to use that dumb website for the maybe 3 times a month friends send me an MMS. But AT&T's service is far better than the Tmobile service I left for the iPhone.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't hold a grudge. The iPhone did not have MMS when i bought it, even so, I managed to have MMS for the majority of the time I owned an iPhone. On Sept 25th, I just get the option to call AT&T and ***** if it doesn't work ;)

Getting mad about it would be like getting mad because the The DVD player I bought (knowing it only played standard DVDs) doesn't play blueray.

I was frustrated by the wait after it was announced, but nothing to hold a grudge over.

absolutejustin

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I have had nothing but good experiences with AT&T. I never really used MMS that much so it was never an issue for me. I think most people were more upset with the principle of the thing than the actual inability to use the feature, which I can understand, but I think some people just went a bit over board on the griping. I've had a few carriers and have had by far the best experience with AT&T. Why? They have great coverage here. I would not have a great experience with Verizon or T-Mobile or Sprint because their coverage here is less than stellar and I love my iPhone too much. :) I just think that each carrier has its short comings and strengths, and depending on where you are might be the best or the worst. With AT&T being the exclusive carrier for iPhone right now I think they have done pretty well. But, I digress. I'm not thrilled with MMS finally coming to us and it isn't a major factor for me. It will be nice to have though and I will surely put it to the test come September 25th. ;-)

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
ATT reconciliation

ATT has gained some rep points in my book lately for a couple of reasons. For the last two months, I have felt betrayed by the fact that I'm forking over $100 per month only to be denied features as well as direct communication on the matter. In the last two weeks, ATT has brought 3G to my area (finally!) and laid down a firm date on the MMS snafu. Since tethering is a non-issue to me, they are finally providing the services that they should have been all along and I can't fault them for doing the two things that I hoped that they would do even though it was a little bit slower than we would have liked.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77