please help me decide!!

I

iMore Question

My 3.5 year old iphone 5s shattered to pieces yesterday.
I dont change phones very often thats why i like the apple ecosystem. It just works and lasts.
So my next phone will be in my possesion for at least 2 years.
I have to decide now whether to go for the 6s or 7. the price diff is about 150$.
what y opinions
thanks a lot

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're going to hold onto for two years, go with the iPhone 7. At least that's my recommendation.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If the price difference isn't a huge issue for your financially, go with the 7. You'll be happy with it and it will hold it's value for longer. But don't feel like the 6S is a bad phone by any means. The great thing about iPhones is that they hold up well over time. There are people still using an iPhone 4S out there.

So purchase what is best on your pockets. I'd personally go for the 7. But if that doesn't work well for you...go with the 6S. It will work just fine for years to come.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for bringing your inquiry to iMore! I agree that if you can manage the additional $150, go iPhone 7 and don't look back.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'd go to the Apple store and see if the size of the 7 feels good in your hand. If not, then I highly recommend the SE, which is the same size as the 5s. My fiance' bought an SE last year and he loves it. If the size of the 7 feels good to you, then I agree with D's recommendation.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
If you want an upgrade from a 5s I would definitely go with a iPhone 7 that would be a Big upgrade however if cost is a factor 6s would be cheaper and is a great device that would last you for years but if you wanted to stay with the smaller screen size a SE with 32GB and 128GB would also last for years and if you created an account hear we could possibly help you more Good Luck with your new device .

mosbie86

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
hi guys ! im the one who posted the question , and finally i created my account. (wilber1 you're right)

So thanks for the recommendations.
I think the SE is not a choice . it will feel like buying the same phone (not internally but externally)
i forgot to mention that the 7 will be 32g , whereas the 6s 64g .
im not going with the 16g again.no way.
I know that the 7 is better overall but i hear many people sayng that is not such a big improvement from the 6s , thats why i asked if 150 more is worth it.
wish i could wait for the 8 . That was my original intention but now im using and old motorola brick haha..

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you can get a 64GB iPhone 6S, then that's what you should do.
You are right that the difference between a 6S and the 7 is not huge. The advantages of the 7 certainly don't outweigh the higher storage capacity you'll get with the 6S. At least, not in my personal opinion.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
hi guys ! im the one who posted the question , and finally i created my account. (wilber1 you're right)

So thanks for the recommendations.
I think the SE is not a choice . it will feel like buying the same phone (not internally but externally)
i forgot to mention that the 7 will be 32g , whereas the 6s 64g .
im not going with the 16g again.no way.
I know that the 7 is better overall but i hear many people sayng that is not such a big improvement from the 6s , thats why i asked if 150 more is worth it.
wish i could wait for the 8 . That was my original intention but now im using and old motorola brick haha..

I am holing onto 6s and take a pass on 7. As Tartrus said, there is not a huge difference between 6s and 7. In fact, this is the first time I did not upgrade the iphone. I have been upgrading for every iteration of iPhone since the first iteration.

Having said that, you do not have the 6s, but 5s, and if your next candidate is a 6s or a 7, and plan to hang on to it for at least 2 years, I would recommend going for the 7, if you could tolerate the $150 difference. the 7 in 2 years is much more future proof than the 6s.

BTW, Sherry_B's recommendation has to be taken seriously. You may not like the size of the 7, which is the same as the 6s, and the SE has essentially the same internal as the 6s. I went back and forth between the 6s and the 7 6 times until I realized I do have a deteriorating eyesight :)

mrnimziki

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'd definitely go with the 7 and the newer features, plus if you were to sell it later this year to get a newer iPhone you'd get more in return verses the 6s. Both are great phones though, you can't go wrong with either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711