iPhone 7 plus halo issue- why some iPhones suffer and some don't?

I

iMore Question

I have tried several of the Spigen and Esr tempered glass protectors on my new iPhone 7 plus, both will not stick on all four edges exactly the same. The protectors fitted to the edge of the touch part of the screen. Once placed on they basically stick down to the surface with just a tap in the middle of the screen. But yet they all had about 2mm lifted on the edge from install.

Now a lot of people can fit a particular brand glass protector with all edges adhering well and others fit the same brand protectors to the same phones and get lifted edges.

So my question is why do only some of these iPhone 7 plus screens seem to be affected?

Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that the problem lies with the glass protectors and not necessarily the iPhone 7 Plus display? Are you following the directions to the letter? I don't use a screen protector of any kind, but hopefully, those who do will reply with suggestions soon.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure this is so much as issue with the iPhone screen as it is with the skills of the installers. Most of us regular folks are just not the best at installing screen protectors. I get it right about 50% of the time, otherwise it's a little off, BUT usually acceptable, once and a while I'm so bad I have to rip it off and apply another! Sometimes you can get them "professionally" installed from the vendors. They have experience, and install many a day. It's a good option IF your vendor offers it. Most carrier purchased screen protectors can be "professionally" installed. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2